Thread: Xref Not Reloading with updates

Login to Give a bone

Question Xref Not Reloading with updates

I saved my xref. In my host drawing i have the xref overlay. Occasionally it will not reload with the current changes. I have to close the drawing and reopen to get it to show the changes. It seems to be kind of random, has anyone else delt with this? any fixes?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Xref Not Reloading with updates

I have just run into the same problem with my xrefs not reloading, except I have my Xrefs attached (not overlayed). This was working just fine until about a week or so ago then they just stopped working correctly. I have been digging around online looking for a solution or a similiar issue and this is the first and only posting I have come across so far. I did find another post kinda similar but mentions the "VISRETAIN" setting, of which I tried both ways to no avail...I am still at a loss but looking for a solution. I save my xreffed DWG and switch over to my host drawing and it doesn't even pop up with the XREF needs reloaded balloon. I have tried restarting ACAD but the only way I can get my xrefs to view correctly is to detach and re-xref them in, but to have to do this everytime I modify my Xref...time is an issue.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Xref Not Reloading with updates

A similar thing happened here a while back, we tracked it down to the time setting on our server. This was out of sync with the PC's. So AutoCAD got confused as to if its loaded the newest update yet.

We've installed a time syncing package on all PCs & the server to make sure they're set the same to the second. This seems to have solved this problem.