Thread: Dwg TV 07 ( & 09) & ABS 07 HVAC dwgs

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Dwg TV 07 ( & 09) & ABS 07 HVAC dwgs

Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I am new to this section of AUGI.

I work in an office where we are using ADT 07 & ABS 07 to create our dwgs.
    We have some people that do not have an actual drafting program on their computer, they just need to view them. Also, we do get outside dwgs to look at that are 08 or 09 versions. The solution to this is, I believe is to use the Dwg TrueView program. However, I am having some issues. Please read below for what is going on and my questions are at the bottom.

I have installed Dwg TV 07 with the ADT 07 object enabler and the ABS 07 LIGHT object enabler. (If I used the regular ABS 07 oe it did not work) I installed them in that order.

I have also installed Dwg TV 09 with the A-Arch 09 object enabler and the A-MEP 09 LIGHT object enabler (If I used the regular A-MEP 09 oe it did not work). I installed them in that order.

When we go to open an ABS 07 piping dwg in Dwg TV 07 everything looks great!

When we go to open an ABS 07 ductwork dwg in Dwg TV 07 it looks like it is going to open and then it closes the entire session of Dwg TV without warning. Not even a fatal error notification.

When we go to open an ABS 07 piping dwg AND/OR an ductwork dwg in Dwg TV 09 we get the following results:
    In paperspace we can not see our duct or piping labels (they are a dot basically...if you zoom waaaayyyy in you can see the text), but we do see our linetypes.
    In modelspace we can see our duct and piping labels, but all the lines are solid due to the linetype scale.
    This I believe is due to the annotation scaling that 09 does, but 07 doesn't.
    We do see the "!"'s all over the place as well.

When we open up an A-MEP 08 or 09 dwg in Dwg TV 09 everything looks great.

So....the actual question for this long winded post....

How can I get my Dwg TV 07 to open my ABS 07 ductwork dwgs without crashing out?

How can I get my Dwg TV 09 to open my ABS 07 ductwork and piping dwgs and have them display correctly?

Any assistance on this is much appreciated!!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dwg TV 07 ( & 09) & ABS 07 HVAC dwgs

I don't think there is much we can do here. Have you opened a tech support incident with Autodesk (assuming Subscription)?

I think your diagnosis of TV09 is spot-on. The legacy viewports (2007) don't know about annotation scale, so TV09 assumes an annotation scale of 1:1. This would also be an issue if you tried to eTransmit a 2007 drawing from 2008/9.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dwg TV 07 ( & 09) & ABS 07 HVAC dwgs

That is my next step...to contact the subscription center.
    Just haven't gotten to it yet.
    So far my guys are ok with what it is doing for them.
    I'm just not satisfied on it.

Thank you for looking into this Robert!