Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AutoCAD 2007 Publish command won't batch plot

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2007 Publish command won't batch plot

I'm using 2007. trying to publish a full sheet set. It won't let me batch plot. Only one drawing goes through. then I have to wait for that one to process befor i can start the next one. all of my page setups are in place. it seems to revert to the last plot or default plot in the individual page setups. why can't i select all the sheets in a sheet set and send them to the plotter i want. i'm using 11X17 and 36X24 so it should be a no brainer.

update: the problem is with the page setup. we have individual installations of autocad and yesterday my computer stopped recognizing that it should see my plotter drivers in the page setups. it seems to be looking for whoever's page setup created the initial file. it didn't used to do this so i think there is a setting somewhere that sets it to default to my plotter configurations. Is there? i can import the page setups but it's happening anytime i need to plot a drawing that i havn't imported to and it's REAL annoying.
    Last edited by Gigliano70; 2008-03-18 at 07:42 PM. Reason: new update

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 Publish command won't batch plot

Right click on the sheet set name to publish. if you right click one of the sheets, it will only publish that sheet.

Login to Give a bone

LOL... yeah. uh. that's what is not working. let me clarify. when i click on the sheet set name to batch publish it doesn't work.

Login to Give a bone

Do you send the sheets to the publish dialog box, or plot directly out of the sheet set manager? If so, try sending them to the publisher box, it will load each of the sheets in it. You can publish to printer from there.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bbenton.91765 View Post
    Do you send the sheets to the publish dialog box, or plot directly out of the sheet set manager? If so, try sending them to the publisher box, it will load each of the sheets in it. You can publish to printer from there.
    Yes this is what i do. then i select the page setup i want to use when plotting i.e. 11x17 or 22x34. only some of the drawings are done by other people in the office and it's looking for thier page setups. i.e. 11x17 and 22x34 so it can see the proper page size but it's looking for the plotter drivers on thier machine. the thing is my autocad reset last week and i had to import my profile and workspace again. so i think it's a sysvar setting. strange that it didn't happen before though. seems like every couple of months autocad resets and i have to import all my settings again. i need to set up a script file but i digress. Help Help Help!

Login to Give a bone

By default, Publish uses the page setup stored in each dwg. In Publish, you can override this by selecting all the sheets and then changing the page setup. You can even change them to an imported page setup.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    By default, Publish uses the page setup stored in each dwg. In Publish, you can override this by selecting all the sheets and then changing the page setup. You can even change them to an imported page setup.
    This is what i am doing to get by. I used to not have to do this. I used to just right click on the sheet set manager and regardless of who's page setup it was looking at it would go to the right plotter. i can't even plot a single page without importing my page setups. time consuming and too many clicks and picks. i want to plot to the plotter i want to without importing anything.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Gigliano70 View Post
    This is what i am doing to get by. I used to not have to do this. I used to just right click on the sheet set manager and regardless of who's page setup it was looking at it would go to the right plotter. i can't even plot a single page without importing my page setups. time consuming and too many clicks and picks. i want to plot to the plotter i want to without importing anything.
    Did you, by chance, rename the plotters on your machine to something different? If they don't match the way they are named on the network exactly, CAD won't recognize it as a valid plotter. At least that's how my network is.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    Did you, by chance, rename the plotters on your machine to something different? If they don't match the way they are named on the network exactly, CAD won't recognize it as a valid plotter. At least that's how my network is.
    Good Question, but no.

Thanks though.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Gigliano70 View Post
    But did you try just changing the page setup to a good one?
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast