Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best mouse for CAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Best mouse for CAD

I've had the MX1000 laser and G7, currently I have the MX Revolution and it's by far the best mouse I've found sofar.
    I got fed up with the MX1000 because I had to have it sitting just right in the charge cradle for it to take a charge.
    The G7 was cool because it came with 2 swapable batteries, so you never had to worry about a dead battery.
    The MX Revolution has a Lithium Ion battery that lasts the entire workweek without an additional charge! Big perk there. The other thing I really like about the Revolution is the thumb wheel, I reprogrammed that thumb wheel to keystrokes of CRTL-PgDn and CTRL-PgUp and I use it to switch between layout tabs. In all there are 9 buttons/functions on the Revolution, I have reprogrammed 6 of them for various tasks, really pleased.
    I suggest you look into the MX Revolution, it may seem pricey at 100 bucks but in my opinion it's well worth it.

Login to Give a bone

I had the same problem with multiple cordless, even the higher end models from MS and Logitech. Believe it or not I took a chance on a gaming mouse from Cyber Snipa called the "Stinger" and I couldn't be happier. It's has a leash but I don't care, this mouse is far superior to any I've used. I also just purchased the N52te and have been using it for about a week. I still use my keyboard, there's just no getting around it for how I work, but for straight drafting this updated version of the N52 is well worth it in my opinion.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Best mouse for CAD

Been using both for 3 months now and would buy both again in a heartbeat!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

RAZER NAGA (~$70) - The Ultimate Mouse for CAD.

PROS:
    *Very comfortable, designed for all-day gaming but works great for all day CAD work
    *Middle mouse button works well and is within easy reach
    *Macros like crazy. Every button can be programmed. For example Scroll-Up on the mouse wheel can now be Zoom-In like on SolidWorks or Pro E (I do not use Inventor much)

CONS:
    *Expensive, but actually a great value
    *A gaming mouse, has light-up LEDs (these can be turned off)

OTHER THOUGHTS:
    *I have mine setup with each workbench of CATIA assigned to the different 1 to 12 buttons. Example in the Sketcher WB "1" starts a Profile, "2" starts a 3-pt tangent, etc... Since each WB in CATIA has exclusive buttons, I have the macros programmed as lists that do whatever command I have set for the button in the workbench. It takes a while to sort out the macors but it is very very fast and part generation is instantaneous!

-Charles Everson
    Graduate Student in Mech Eng
    Iowa State University

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I recently bought a logitech G9x, and Although i love the precision laser, adjustable dpi and the frictionless scroll wheel, i'm not wild about the short palm rest. (luckily its detachable, so i cant print my own when i get around to it.)
    I think this design may be preferable for video game players who want their wrist planted for quick adjustments. This is less of a concern if you use a wrist pillow at the desk, but when i'm traveling with the laptop, its not always convenient to bring one.

I've been interested in the Cyborg Rat 7 but i'm not sure it the adjustable housing is an ergonomics breakthrough or a fancy looking gimmick. Comfort is about my primary concern considering im modeling 9-12 hrs a day.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by csdg.dsgn View Post
    I recently bought a logitech G9x, and Although i love the precision laser, adjustable dpi and the frictionless scroll wheel, i'm not wild about the short palm rest. (luckily its detachable, so i cant print my own when i get around to it.)
    I think this design may be preferable for video game players who want their wrist planted for quick adjustments. This is less of a concern if you use a wrist pillow at the desk, but when i'm traveling with the laptop, its not always convenient to bring one.

I've been interested in the Cyborg Rat 7 but i'm not sure it the adjustable housing is an ergonomics breakthrough or a fancy looking gimmick. Comfort is about my primary concern considering im modeling 9-12 hrs a day.
    I bought a Cyborg a few years ago. Didn't use it long. Definitely a gamer's mouse. I just didn't like the feel. It goes more for speed than precision.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Login to Give a bone

I have to agree with "cptcolo975748" I recently purchased a Razer Naga. The speed, comfort and the 14 programmable buttons make this the best mouse I have used to date. It's a little on the expensive side but well worth it. For example I programmed the 7,8,9 buttons on the side of the mouse to be my X,Y, Z point filters on Autocad. I also programmed the Navisworks append, refresh, and measure functions, speeds things up and limits the abuse on your wrists.
    I also coupled it with the Logitech G13 game board, you can record Macros, keystrokes, functions, shortcuts and script with this Game board. Well worth the investment.

Login to Give a bone

Use an MX Performance (Darkfield) cordless at work. The thing will track on a clear glass table top. Have you tried putting the receiver closer to the mouse?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I bought a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 6000 which came with a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0. This mouse seem good - comfortable and programmable (I don't bother with the programming myself - mainly concerned with comfort and wirelessness). Would recommend.

Login to Give a bone

I have been using "Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000" for about 2 years. Two button with center scroll wheel/button, and another button behind the wheel (which I hardly use).
    The best mouse I've ever had. Fits in the palm of my hand and is very sensitive (fast) with no jumpy action.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast