Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design Review 2009??WTF

Login to Give a bone

Default Design Review 2009??WTF

I went to the help menu in Design Review 2008 and selected "Check ofr Updates" and it ended up installing Design Review 2009. After the installation the computer prompted me to restart. After I restarted I tried to open the 2009 software and guess what, the computer did nothing. Now that my 2008 version has been removed and the website forces you to download the 2009 software, I'm in between a rock and a hard place. I need DWF composing ability for my daily production tasks and now have none. Did we jump the gun and release too early? What sI do to get the 2008 software back?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Design Review 2009??WTF

Quote Originally Posted by jhohman View Post
    I went to the help menu in Design Review 2008 and selected "Check ofr Updates" and it ended up installing Design Review 2009. After the installation the computer prompted me to restart. After I restarted I tried to open the 2009 software and guess what, the computer did nothing. Now that my 2008 version has been removed and the website forces you to download the 2009 software, I'm in between a rock and a hard place. I need DWF composing ability for my daily production tasks and now have none. Did we jump the gun and release too early? What sI do to get the 2008 software back?
    Can you not just uninstall it then go back to the Autodesk website and download it again?

Login to Give a bone

When you go back to the autodesk website, the only version you can download is the 2009, looks like 2008 is no longer available. I think I still have the 2008 installer saved on my server though. I ended up going into the Add or Remove Programs interface on my computer and I was able to repair the installation and the software finally opened. I'm going to use it for now to test it out prior to instructing my department to upgrade to the 2009 version.

Login to Give a bone

...I need DWF composing ability for my daily production tasks and now have none.
    Design Review does not give you DWF composing ability. Was that just a typo?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Design Review does not give you DWF composing ability. Was that just a typo?
    Did you mean True View? It took Autodesk a few days to get 2009 Trueview on the download page. The ADR 2009 works the same way as 2008, it shouldn't be too difficult of a learning curve.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bbenton.91765 View Post
    Did you mean True View?
    No. Read the original post again. The OP implied that his Design Review was messed up and this was preventing him from creating DWF files.

Login to Give a bone

Actually we output our DWF files from Architecture 2008, we use Composer to show markups, revisions, and use it for general communication/coordinating purposes. I got the Composer 2009 to work now, so far (knocks on wood) it seems a bit more stable than the 2008. I'm still going to use it for a bit before I instruct the rest of the department to upgrade to the 09 version. There was a bit of a typo, I do not use Composer for creating the DWFs, just for printing and adding markups, etc.

Hopefully they've addressed some of the stability issues I was having with the 2008 version. Would still like to see some kind of documentation somewhere highlighting the reason for the 2009 version and what changed.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Would still like to see some kind of documentation somewhere highlighting the reason for the 2009 version and what changed.
    This may be worth a look.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Only problem I've been having is deploying the MSI. Haven't had any luck yet. Anyone else have luck? I'm using Script Logic to deploy.

If i do a straight install with the .exe, it seems to work fine.

Login to Give a bone

I don't remember, but are there dependent packages that must be installed before the .msi? (.net, etc.)??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast