Thread: Coordinate Table

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Coordinate Table

I'm trying to produce a setting out/staking out coordinate table by using a setting out block with a block attribute for the point number. Using Style Manager I have been able to create Property Set Definitions and a Schedule Table Style which extract the coordinates of the block insertion points successfully into a table. The only problem I have is that I can't get the table to extract the attribute information for the setting out point number into the table.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received.

Regards

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Coordinate Table

Quote Originally Posted by simon.plant View Post
    I'm trying to produce a setting out/staking out coordinate table by using a setting out block with a block attribute for the point number. Using Style Manager I have been able to create Property Set Definitions and a Schedule Table Style which extract the coordinates of the block insertion points successfully into a table. The only problem I have is that I can't get the table to extract the attribute information for the setting out point number into the table.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received.

Regards
    Block reference attribute values are not available in an automatic property source, as you have discovered. There might be a way to use a Formula property to comb through the drawing database to find the current block and retrieve a particular attribute value. I have never done that or seen anyone else do that, so I am not certain it is possible, or, if possible, whether doing that for a large number of blocks would have performance issues.

One thing you could do would be to delete the attribute withing the setting out block, add a Manual property to your Property Set for the point number, and create a Schedule Tag to display the block number at each block. That does require a second step to tag each block, but would make it easy to get the point number into your Schedule Table. You might also be able to take advantage of the auto increment types of Manual properties, if your point numbering system would work with that.