See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: remove data link from drawing??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: remove data link from drawing??

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Ok, I've implemented the DATALINK Delete. Had to provide a way of also deleting any tables using the selected DATALINK. Otherwise, AutoCAD crashes if you then select the table.

Run the DICTEDIT command, select the ACAD_DATALINK dictionary in the left list. Select the DATALINK item in the List of Items (right-bottom). Click the Delete Item button. It will ask you a "Are you sure" question - just so you don't accidentally erase something you didn't want. If the link is used in a table - it will again ask if you also want to delete the table(s). If you answer No to any of the 2 questions nothing will be done.

I've also "wrapped" the entire command in an undo group, so if you decide it's a stuff-up you can simply undo to restore the data links and / or tables as before.
    Nice job....worked for me. Thank you greatly.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Wonderful - Thanks!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

First of all I wanted to mention that I do like this DICTEDIT.lsp and the awesome work by Irné Barnard (Creator/Editor). I am now dealing with hundreds of drawings that have un unused data links intertwined by drawings that have necessary links. My main goal here is to find the command that removes un used data links, turn this into a script and run it though AutoScript, so I could batch a directory. Also, concerned about other drawings that do contain necessary links of being removed, but I know usually when trying to delete a link that's in use, Autocad doesn't allow this to happen, but concerned that I might. Other options are to go one by one or it might be possible through the "Batchindatabase" program by Autodesk. Does anyone have any ideas on how this task of batch removing un used data links could be accomplished? I invite your reply. Thanks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789