See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: remove data link from drawing??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: remove data link from drawing??

All you have to do is rename the Table style so that it does not match the name of the Link data file. and make sure that the table style is not current. then you will be able to delete the Data Link.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rholguin View Post
    All you have to do is rename the Table style so that it does not match the name of the Link data file. and make sure that the table style is not current. then you will be able to delete the Data Link.
    Nope the table style's name never was the same as the Data Link file - this is data links from Excel.

As in Select a range of cells in Excel, press Ctrl+C to copy, swap to ACad, paste as link using ACad objects. Then later delete and possibly redo, you end up with links for each time you did this. No Data Link file generated, but they're shown in the Data Link Manager, which in turn doesn't allow you to delete them (even though you've deleted the table).

Login to Give a bone

I did exactly what you instructed and managed to delete the data link. But as soon as I do it the drawing freezes and I have to abort.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessCAD View Post
    Have you installed the VBA plugin for 2010? The lisp file is calling functions that are vb based. The lisp works like a charm on my 2010 install but I have the VBA plugin installed.
    If that doesnt work which it should do you have the .dcl and .lsp file in your support path?
    Link to plugin
    Hope this helps!
    Just wanted to say cheers. This post helped me the most as I had to have the .dcl & .lsp in the support directory of my 2010 install. Thanks again folks, works a treat. (Was pulling what hair I have left out until just now.)

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Mi unisco ai tanti ringraziamenti verso il creatore del LISP!
    domani a lavoro faccio contente un pò di persone.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you I have been fighting these datalinks for awhile now. this LISP works GREAT !!!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Ok, I've implemented the DATALINK Delete. Had to provide a way of also deleting any tables using the selected DATALINK. Otherwise, AutoCAD crashes if you then select the table.

Run the DICTEDIT command, select the ACAD_DATALINK dictionary in the left list. Select the DATALINK item in the List of Items (right-bottom). Click the Delete Item button. It will ask you a "Are you sure" question - just so you don't accidentally erase something you didn't want. If the link is used in a table - it will again ask if you also want to delete the table(s). If you answer No to any of the 2 questions nothing will be done.

I've also "wrapped" the entire command in an undo group, so if you decide it's a stuff-up you can simply undo to restore the data links and / or tables as before.
    Hi, would it possible if you can post a step by step tutorial on how to run this tool. I fail to understand how these two files you posted resolve this issue
    thank you

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Try the video capture here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I had this problem of removing linked data table from excel in to Autocad, and the data tables did not appear in the Datalink manager window, the reason for that is that the tables entities are deleted from the drawing it self so it does not list those linked tables in the datalink manager, if the data tables entities are still in the drawing it does display them and from there any link can be removed.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Irene,

I'm trying to use your DictEdit lisp routine to delete the data extraction link out but once I click yes that I'm sure to delete the link AutoCad gives me this error "; error: bad argument type: consp nil". Can you help me figure out what's wrong and why this isn't working?

Thx,

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast