Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoCAD and Vista Compatibility

Login to Give a bone

Question AutoCAD and Vista Compatibility

Does anyone know how AutoCAD is doing with compatibility with Vista? Is AutoCAD '09 any better than '08 with compatibility in VIsta?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD and Vista Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by jdbejk View Post
    Does anyone know how AutoCAD is doing with compatibility with Vista? Is AutoCAD '09 any better than '08 with compatibility in VIsta?
    I have no experience with this, but my understanding from Steve Johnson's blog is that it almost appears as though 09 works better with Vista than XP. (Steve if you read this, please correct me if I am wrong.)

Login to Give a bone

Geez I hope so since my new rig is Vista 64! Should I start praying now?

Login to Give a bone

Hey all!!!

I have a question about Vista & CAD..

We have older versions of CAD, like 02 and 04 and also Revit, mechancical DT, inventor.....

And we want to install it on the Vista.. it is not working... Is it possible to just windows and get rid of the Vista and then it would work?

we just got a rad puter and don't want to get rid of it .. but it renders me useless ,when I need my software..

Help... Any Suggs??????

Thanks.............

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: AutoCAD and Vista Compatibility

Do you use compatibility mode?Right click on acad icon & properties...compatibility tab...mark to check box under compatibility mode..run as window Xp sp2 & apply.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: AutoCAD and Vista Compatibility

Geez I hope so since my new rig is Vista 64! Should I start praying now? [/QUOTE]

I have a Vista Desktop 32 bit and I have a Vista laptop 64 bit. 09 Runs good on both of them. The hitch I have had so far it that I cannot VPN in to work with the 64 bit. Our IT Dept has worked on it for a month. I finally sent them a link to an upgrade "Any VPN" I don't know what the details are but now they are trying to work on that...should the switch really take weeks? is it that complicated?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eldridge View Post
    Geez I hope so since my new rig is Vista 64! Should I start praying now?

I have a Vista Desktop 32 bit and I have a Vista laptop 64 bit. 09 Runs good on both of them. The hitch I have had so far it that I cannot VPN in to work with the 64 bit. Our IT Dept has worked on it for a month. I finally sent them a link to an upgrade "Any VPN" I don't know what the details are but now they are trying to work on that...should the switch really take weeks? is it that complicated?[/quote]
    It's running great on my 64 bit machines. I also cannot get VPN anymore. The Cisco version we have is for 32 bit only. Way to go IT! According to him, the 64 bit version (it's called anyconnect) is a high dollar upgrade. I'm not sure if that's true, but they won't do it company wide just for me so I'm outta luck.

Login to Give a bone

I also read that Cisco is not planning on coming out with a 64 bit VPN upgrade. That this anyconnect (thank you for the correction) is going to be the only way to bridge the gap.
    It's just me that will be using the 64 bit ( I am the Cad Department... Hee Hee). So I'm getting the picture that the hang up might be $$ and not hassle. Do you have a ball park figure of the "anyconnect"? Oh I know there is some hassle, our IT Dept has to call in a Cisco rep or a consultant to implement the switch. In the mean time I sure miss my new toy.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eldridge View Post
    I also read that Cisco is not planning on coming out with a 64 bit VPN upgrade. That this anyconnect (thank you for the correction) is going to be the only way to bridge the gap.
    It's just me that will be using the 64 bit ( I am the Cad Department... Hee Hee). So I'm getting the picture that the hang up might be $$ and not hassle. Do you have a ball park figure of the "anyconnect"? Oh I know there is some hassle, our IT Dept has to call in a Cisco rep or a consultant to implement the switch. In the mean time I sure miss my new toy.
    My IT guy said it was $8,000. That sounds way high to me, but I don't know. I, too, am the entire cad department. If you find out different, please let me know. My IT guy won't even hassle with it. Maybe it's laziness.............

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: AutoCAD and Vista Compatibility

My IT guy said it was $8,000. That sounds way high to me, but I don't know. I, too, am the entire cad department. If you find out different, please let me know. My IT guy won't even hassle with it. Maybe it's laziness.............[/QUOTE]

I called IT this morning to check on the progress and ask what's involved. I'm telling you what he told me even though it's beyond me....

Evidently you need a special "pix' which is $20,000 to $30,000. We already had this so there was no need for us to pay that amount. The "pix' is either the fire wall or something to do with the fire wall. After you have that in place there are some programming changes which run about $2,000.

This 64 bit VPN has been a problem to other people in the plant. SAP programmers and IT personal. Then you have me jumping on the bandwagon of people being held back by no 64 bit VPN. 64 bit has become prevalent enough to be a show stopper here in our plant so the IT Manger said it was time to address the issue and make the necessary upgrades and stay current.

You’re the Cad Dept too? Obviously you are good at juggling too!

Annie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast