Thread: Walls showing thru floors

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Walls showing thru floors

Given some walls that go from level 1 to level 2, and a floor at level 2, I have a project where these walls below show thru the floors in plan. This isn't an underlay, nor is it a transparent floor. If I start a new project from the revit template, I don't get this behavior. Which suggests perhaps a setting somewhere? But what setting? Any thoughts?

EDIT: Doh, View Range was adjusted globally, rather than with a Plan Region. I would call this a bug, but at least I have an answer.

Thanks,
    Gordon
    Last edited by Gordon.Price; 2008-04-04 at 05:19 PM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Walls showing thru floors

Quote Originally Posted by gordon.price View Post
    Given some walls that go from level 1 to level 2, and a floor at level 2, I have a project where these walls below show thru the floors in plan. This isn't an underlay, nor is it a transparent floor. If I start a new project from the revit template, I don't get this behavior. Which suggests perhaps a setting somewhere? But what setting? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Gordon
    It is hard to answer this kind of question when odd behaviors occurs to an experienced Revit user like you, because every single thing we think the problem might be, we also think: "No, he should have already looked at it..."

Anyway, here is a list of things you may check, in case you have forgotten to do:

- Are these walls attached to the floor?
    - Are these walls joined with the floor? If yes, is the floor assembly set to Finish and the wall to structure (this will make the wall cut the floor instead of the floor cutting the wall)
    - Any Linework used on these walls?
    - Have you edited the profile of the walls?
    - Any Area Plan with different view range?
    - View is not set to wireframe and your view range is set to something like unlimited?

Let's see these first. If not, I can try coming with more...

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Walls showing thru floors

When you saw the view range was adjusted globally, you mean the view range of that particular plan view, right? What was it set to, and how did you change it in order to remedy the problem?

I know I have had some crazy issues when "Unlimited" is used in some of the view range fields, particularly in RCP views, where the view top and depth are set to unlimited. It makes the view look like it's in wireframe even when it's set to hidden line.