See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blips on screen

Login to Give a bone

Cool blips on screen

I am having issue with a drawing showing what looks like blipmode set to on when zoomed out. I have turned all layers on and thawed everything to see if there are entities in the drawing and there are not. When I zoom in the "blips" disappear. They are also showing up in the plot preview. This is just distracting but I can't figure out what the issue is. Could it be a video card resolution setting or something along that line?
    Any assistance is appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: blips on screen

Quote Originally Posted by imacad View Post
    I am having issue with a drawing showing what looks like blipmode set to on when zoomed out. I have turned all layers on and thawed everything to see if there are entities in the drawing and there are not. When I zoom in the "blips" disappear. They are also showing up in the plot preview. This is just distracting but I can't figure out what the issue is. Could it be a video card resolution setting or something along that line?
    Does a regen make them go away? Can you post a screen shot?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'm thinking is that you are building on a drawing that you recieved from another company.

My guess is, you have phantom objects in your drawing. They are there but you can't see them. Make sure all of the objects you can see are on familiar layers. Then use "quick select" --- select "block" --- then select the names of the blocks one by one until the "phantom" objects show thier grips. Once they show you can delete them. One thing to watch out for is "known" blocks on the same layer as the "phantom" blocks so don't just automatically delete until your sure you aren't deleting necessary objects. If they you have blocks on the same layer, just move the visable blocks to a temporary layer, quick select again and delete the phantoms, then move the blocks back. If someone can tell me why this happens it would be much appreciated. I'm thinking it's some add-on to autocad that drops attributes but when you delete the block the tag stays. Text typed with 0" height will do the same thing sometimes.

Hope this helps,
    ~Frank

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Is there any chances they could be points (some call them nodes too)? That would explain why you only see them when zoomed in.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADDmanVA View Post
    Is there any chances they could be points (some call them nodes too)? That would explain why you only see them when zoomed in.
    I don't see why they couldn't be points. anything is worth looking into.
    I know these blips she's talking about. i've been annoyed by them before. What they were in my drawings were unseen blocks.

Login to Give a bone

Change your pdmode and/or pdsize settings. If they're points they will change.

I've had a few drawings that have had a dot or two that I couldn't seem to get rid of and had no clue what they were. They're even recognized by zoom extents, but won't erase or select.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, for not responding in a timely fashion, but other fires have arisen. As to whether these might be points or nodes I had already changed pdmode and pdsize to investigate and they are not points.

Frank is onto something here. I had forgotten about phantom blocks and/or proxy objects. The information I am working on originated from another company. It seems I recall a few years ago working on another drawing with similar problems. I cannot recall the solution for that issue.

I will post a screen shot. Thanks for all the response.

Zane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, for not responding in a timely fashion, but other fires have arisen. As to whether these might be points or nodes I had already changed pdmode and pdsize to investigate and they are not points.

Frank is onto something here. I had forgotten about phantom blocks and/or proxy objects. The information I am working on originated from another company. It seems I recall a few years ago working on another drawing with similar problems. I cannot recall the solution for that issue.

I will post a screen shot. Thanks for all the response.

Zane
    Get those pesky blips

Login to Give a bone

Another slight possibility is empty text objects.

QTEXT
    ON
    REGEN

will show all text items as empty boxes.

All AUGI, all the time SRBalliet's Avatar
    Near Christiansburg, VA Looking for a closer job!
    Login to Give a bone

Check to make sure there isn't any kind of skew on the view of your drawing. Make sure you are looking straight down from the top. My guess is they are some artifacts from a skewed text that when you zoom in they are then going out beyond your screen edges.

This has happened to me in the past and I can't think of the command to check what I'm telling you but maybe this will tweak somebody else's memory to tell you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast