See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 material library error

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2009 material library error

Chad, are you getting a "rendering not installed" error, or just a problem with the cab download?

Login to Give a bone

need small library...why so big?! and will appear crc-problems

I could stop if I wanted to PaperStreet SoapCO's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Looks like now its a problem with the cab download - I run Revit and it says one or more components were not installed correctly, would you like to try to reinstall (or something to that effect). I choose yes, and it goes through the download and extraction process - gets to 99% and says the file is invalid - would I like to skip or retry. Retry brings me through the process again and skip just ends it until I open Revit and get the first error message I listed here. I suppose I could try and see if it all works ok if I ignore the first message when I open Revit.

Login to Give a bone

I don't know if this is the problem or not...but

Where is your rendering folder? under Data or Program? Make sure under Settings/Options it is looking at the proper asses file

So I had a beta installed on my machine...the rendering folder was under Data, and everything worked.
    When I installed it on another machine I didn't want to download everything again...so I interrupted it. When I ran Revit, it was trying to find the Rendering asset file in the "Program" folder...not Data...I just redirected it to look at the "Data" and everything worked fine.

ps...when I say Program or Data...I mean the C:\Program Files\Revit Archtecture 2009\ that is where I installed revit under

Quote Originally Posted by PaperStreet SoapCO View Post
    Still doesn't work for me - tried deleting everything and reinstalling and that didn't work either. Which kind of stinks because when I start Revit it says material library wasn't able to install so rendering will be disabled.

Frustrating is that it looks like all of the stuff extracted properly to the Rendering folder - all of the materials, maps, lights, etc are there yet when Revit is started it doesn't recognize it.

I'll give it a go again this morning and let it run and see if it works.

Login to Give a bone

So here's the deal: I choose yes to retry installing the ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab and it does the exact same thing. So I launch Revit, and look around in the rendering dialogs and it looks like all the materials, options, effects, etc are there. Whenever I restart Revit it still gives me the warning that not everything was installed correctly but if I choose 'Cancel' from the dialog it won't ever warn me about it again.

So what do you guys think? Looks like everything is there - should I just hit cancel so it quits bothering me?

And just for clarification, the ProteinMaterialLibrary is just the material library for MR right? If the materials show up in the dialog, I should have it.

Login to Give a bone

If you see the materials...if you see the rendering button, or it is able to render...then you are fine...you might have some other imperial library, training, imperial template or whatever not fully installed....but 99% most likely means everything...

So here's the deal: I choose yes to retry installing the ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab and it does the exact same thing. So I launch Revit, and look around in the rendering dialogs and it looks like all the materials, options, effects, etc are there. Whenever I restart Revit it still gives me the warning that not everything was installed correctly but if I choose 'Cancel' from the dialog it won't ever warn me about it again.

So what do you guys think? Looks like everything is there - should I just hit cancel so it quits bothering me?

And just for clarification, the ProteinMaterialLibrary is just the material library for MR right? If the materials show up in the dialog, I should have it.

Login to Give a bone

Ok, so the problem is not fixed.

The material library shows up, I can adjust/reassign materials but when I render all I get is the procedural sky with everything modeled showing up black. See attached image - so I'm guessing something is still wrong with the materials.

Even weirder is that I looked to make sure that Revit was pointing to the correct location for the fiels - and it is! It even shows the asset fbx file and folder with all the rendering stuff in it - but only when I browse the location from within Revit. If I look for it in Windows explorer it is nowhere to be found. I have all hidden folders and files visible.

See attached screenshots - I'm at a loss with this one.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to zip up their Rendering folder and email it to me? Or I could just wait for the disk as was stated earlier... still I'd like to solve the issue.

! - at least the siloutte of the log ends on walls show up nice ; )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chad Koscinski; 2008-04-18 at 02:50 AM.

Login to Give a bone

That's bizarre!!! Have you looked into your "Program" folder? Just curious...

Ok, so the problem is not fixed.

The material library shows up, I can adjust/reassign materials but when I render all I get is the procedural sky with everything modeled showing up black. See attached image - so I'm guessing something is still wrong with the materials.

Even weirder is that I looked to make sure that Revit was pointing to the correct location for the fiels - and it is! It even shows the asset fbx file and folder with all the rendering stuff in it - but only when I browse the location from within Revit. If I look for it in Windows explorer it is nowhere to be found. I have all hidden folders and files visible.

See attached screenshots - I'm at a loss with this one.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to zip up their Rendering folder and email it to me? Or I could just wait for the disk as was stated earlier... still I'd like to solve the issue.

Login to Give a bone

I've looked everywhere. I searched my system for the ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab file too or a temp file to see if I could just manually copy the files in there. No luck - no sign of it anywhere but Revit seems to think its there. That is, until it tries to render something.

If I could find the spot where the cab file downloads to maybe I could go grab it and just extract it to the desktop and copy it in... but I have no idea where it is or if Revit is just opening it and extracting it without actually downloading it to the computer.

Actually, I'll just copy the material library folder from the desktop at work and paste it on to the laptop. That should do the trick just fine.

But still, if I ever have to reinstall for some reason...

UPDATE: So I found the temp file thats downloading right now through the content extraction dialog. Its in the windows temp folder called PR3D3E.tmp - its only 39% downloaded and its 216MB right now and growing...big file! I'll see if I can intercept it before it says its invalid again.
    Last edited by Chad Koscinski; 2008-04-18 at 02:47 AM. Reason: New Info

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Hi All,

For what it is worth, I have been having similar problems which I think result in the weird way RAC2009 behaves in Shaded mode for me.
    I have lodged a support request yesterday & included copies of the error reports which occur @ 56% & 99% (Interestingly on exactly the same file both times) and am awaiting a response from AutoDesk.

As soon as it is to hand, I will post the reply here.

Cheers,

Ian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast