Thread: Import/Export Wishes

Login to Give a bone

Default Import/Export Wishes

I would like to be able to directly import a (number) data field into the elevation of the objects created.
    You can import and than do an alter query to the elevation. I would just like the alter query step to be removed.

Next wish.
    I would like to be able to hit a button and convert hatches into polygons.
    On the same note, I would like to export hatches as polygons.
    Even though you can recreate polylines boundaries, the maintaining of islands is not present.

Next wish.
    I would like to be able to import a data field into a hyperlink or document view. Having many types of data being accessible could a powerful ability.

Next wish.
    I would like the settings for the acadmap.ini be available during export. The settings I am referring to are the degrees that curves are broken up into line segments. The default in 5 degrees and I usually prefer 0.18 degrees.

A wish not related to import and exporting and probably related more to raster design.
    When doing warping and adjusting of aerial images, you use many starting and ending points. Is it possible to have some default distortion correction patterns and maybe could recognize the points entered?

Addition - 20090115

When exporting to shape files I would like the field size of the dbf file to self adjust to the size of the information in the database. Example - If you export the layer name as data, the field will be the standard field size of 255. How many layer names are 255 characters long? The dbf can not even handle anything beyond 128.
    My current practice is to open the dbf in excel, save as a tab delimited file, open in scalc (OpenOffice), Choose fields as text, resave as dbf. The reduction in field size make the dbf size smaller and makes the shape files load faster.

Take care,
    TC
    Last edited by trconnet; 2009-01-15 at 10:53 PM. Reason: addition