Thread: Mapbook

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Mapbook

I work on Autocad Map 3D 2006, I would like to find out more about creating mapbooks,
    the acad help menu does not help a lot.

If anyone can give me pointers on getting started, I would appreciate it.

Werner

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mapbook

Hi Werner

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the New Forum Users Forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Below snippet is taken from the small print found on the Forum General page ( Click HERE to see a screen capture )...

<snip>
    New to the Forums? This is the place to experiment with the posting editor and learn how to interact with our forums. Please experiment here with forum features and commands.
    </snip>

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-08-07 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Attachment removed.

Login to Give a bone

Pretty difficult to explain map books in a post. Could you be maybe a little more specific about what you want to do?

Login to Give a bone

I also need a 'dummies' tutorial to create a map book. I have parcel polygons as shp and shx files, and other files coming from GIS. And I have plines for water and sewer, and text for pipe sizes. Basic CAD elements. Need to create a town map book. I have really not used 2007 MAP, and would like to know where to find *usable* tutorials.
    any suggestions? right now, I must saveas, align viewport, editing titleblock...93 files...theres got to be a better way!... HELP!!!

stacy

Login to Give a bone

Stacy,
    If you have R2007 version then take a look at my Blog I did a 3 part posting to using ma books that may help you some.
    http://map3d.wordpress.com/2007/08/06/map-books-part-1/

Quote Originally Posted by smcgypsea View Post
    I also need a 'dummies' tutorial to create a map book. I have parcel polygons as shp and shx files, and other files coming from GIS. And I have plines for water and sewer, and text for pipe sizes. Basic CAD elements. Need to create a town map book. I have really not used 2007 MAP, and would like to know where to find *usable* tutorials.
    any suggestions? right now, I must saveas, align viewport, editing titleblock...93 files...theres got to be a better way!... HELP!!!

stacy

Login to Give a bone

WOW!!! my christmas wish!!! To find these blogs made my day! THANKS!!!

in blog 2, about the adjacent arrow blocks. The field for the attribute points to sheetset..."Bottom"--what does bottom,top, etc refer to? I'm not sure I follow how the adjacent block works. Can you explain if there is something I need to tell cad which links to bottom, top, etc?

Will this work if I am numbering my grid to fit, I don't think I can use area or number, see attached grid. I have given object data to each rectangle and wish the viewport to correspond to each rectangle. I thought choosing each tile would work. Does each tile need to be chosen in sequence?

Thanks again,
    stacy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

WOW!!! my christmas wish!!! To find these blogs made my day! THANKS!!!

in blog 2, about the adjacent arrow blocks. The field for the attribute points to sheetset..."Bottom"--what does bottom,top, etc refer to? I'm not sure I follow how the adjacent block works. Can you explain if there is something I need to tell cad which links to bottom, top, etc?
    The top, bottom etc are pointers to the tile/sheet above, below, etc. the sheet you are viewing. It acts like a hyperlink to those adjent sheets. It does the linking automatic so you don't have to do anything.

Will this work if I am numbering my grid to fit, I don't think I can use area or number, see attached grid. I have given object data to each rectangle and wish the viewport to correspond to each rectangle. I thought choosing each tile would work. Does each tile need to be chosen in sequence?
    The Grid you posted would take some work to get it to work the old way, tile 50 for instance is larger than the rest of them, If you can work with each tile the same size it would be easier. The template drawing can be sized to fit then for the blank tiles tell Map not to create those. There was a lot of improvements from the old map book creation tools to the one in R2007/8. Some options require us to change our work flow but one you create the map book it is easier to keep up to date.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Mapbook

WHOO-HOOO! It is finished. I think I went around my nose to get to it, but after setting up, deleting tiles, and rebuilding, I got it to register only the tiles I had. I then had to re-number a few of the adjacent-tile blocks to read what my boss wanted it to read.

Thanks for all your help you really saved me. Now I hope I can remember how to do this for other jobs.

Login to Give a bone

How do get toyour part 2& 3 of Map books

Andy

Login to Give a bone

Da !!! I found part 2 & 3 of map books