Thread: drafting in drafting views, re thought

AUGI Addict

I have re-thought what I was asking for with the wish for views in drafting views, makes more sense now, and is back on as a wish - but explained a bit better!

In a drafting view, to be able to drag say a floor plan in like you do into a sheet, and to be able to drag in more than one view - then I could trace and project detail, drafting and construction lines as I needed (if the snaps worked on the views, they dont do this on sheets) then remove the view or hide it - I have tried this using sheets but the snaps dont work. Using callouts can get messy, aside from clogging up the project browser nad plans and sections - you cant project between lines from 2 different views to build up your linework.

Refering to, and projecting lines from more than one view to complete your drafting accurately, when by hand or say in autocad would be the method normally used - there is no way at the moment to draft like this in Revit, this would give you that opportunity.

I could stop if I wanted to

Default Re: drafting in drafting views, re thought

I suppose a quick workaround for you would be to export to dwg and then import that back into your drafting view
    I still think callouts are the best option though

All AUGI, all the time janunson's Avatar

not a great fix, but you can get some reference between views -

say you need to refer to items in the elevation on the floorplan, you can go to the elevation, define some reference planes and lock them in, and then refer to the REFERENCE PLANES in a callout of the floor plan...

not perfect, but halfway there, i think.

AUGI Addict

Its not really something I would try and work around really, I would probably just export to autocad and do it there. I just think it really ought to be something I can do in Revit .....