Thread: Lining up Cross Sections

Login to Give a bone

Default Lining up Cross Sections

Is there a setting in LD 2004 to "line up the zeroes" or to center your cross sections when you create the cross section sheets? Due to different limits of my TIN, my left and right swaths aren't always equal and it shifts the cross sections over. It acts like they are all left justified. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lining up Cross Sections

I would like to know the answer to this one myself, I spend a lot of time aligning sections that should be centered.

All AUGI, all the time SRBalliet's Avatar
    Near Christiansburg, VA Looking for a closer job!
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lining up Cross Sections

Quote Originally Posted by lureguy View Post
    Is there a setting in LD 2004 to "line up the zeroes" or to center your cross sections when you create the cross section sheets? Due to different limits of my TIN, my left and right swaths aren't always equal and it shifts the cross sections over. It acts like they are all left justified. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve
    None. We spend so much time on cross sections its pitiful. We are currently implementing Civil 3D, which you can do it in. In the mean time we have been for the last couple years done this:

Leave them where LDD puts them in Model Space, then in Paper Space give them there own viewport and juggle them there. This is beneficial in a few ways. Lining up your zeros, making room on your sheet and the inevitable last minute "can you put critical station 38+23.14 on the sheet and put them in order". It makes the juggling for that easier.
    <><
    Steve Balliet
    Craig Co., VA
    Civil 3D, Mechanical 2012