Thread: urgent help needed!

Login to Give a bone

Default urgent help needed!

I believe that i have somehow screwed up some of the settings on Inventor 2008.

here's my issues:
    (1) While sketching, after drawing a shape, when i click on General Dimension, Inventor will not let me change the dimension. The only way I'm able to change a dimension is by clicking on Auto Dimension, which then supplies the dimension and then i can edit it. When i mouse over the line or whatever it is i get a message at the bottom that says "1 dimension required, or 4 dimensions required" or something to that effect.

This all happened after i was trying to follow the Autodesk instructions as to how to put a label onto a part or assembly. The last thing i remember doing before encountering this problem is extruding a line into a surface. This brings me to my next point. I'm working on drawing a CO2 bottle and i want to put a jpg of a DOT sticker on the bottle. I made the bottom by revolving a sketch. What is the easiest way to put a label onto this curved, revolved surface?

So, for my first question - is there anyway i can batch revert any potential unknown changes i may have mistakingly made back to the default values?

Thanks a ton!

Wes

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: urgent help needed!

Hey

i don't know what happened, but, Inventor fixed itself - also i figured out how to put my jpg onto my assembly.