Thread: .DEM file over .TIF file?

Heartland of the Mid-west, home of the Indy 500
    Login to Give a bone

Question .DEM file over .TIF file?

This is an impossible task for me to get it to work, any HELP with this problem would be greatly appreciated...I have .dem files that I want to either overlay, insert, or xref to my .tif file for a planning project. At first I was getting a MAPBULKFEATURE error message that said I couldn't manipulate the features, but finally found a way to export into a .dwg file...I thought I had it made. I was wrong. I can now get into the .dwg and touch each feature, but the properties are a MAPBULKFEATURE, which I can't find anything in the help file about. So it will let me touch each contour, but you can’t move, rotate, copy, or ever erase any of the features even after I tried to BURST and EXPLODE them. I don’t know what to do, so how can I get this .DEM to overlay, insert, or xref to my .TIF for a nice aerial image for this planning project presentation?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: .DEM file over .TIF file?

Maybe this thread will help.
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=45294
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Heartland of the Mid-west, home of the Indy 500
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: .DEM file over .TIF file?

Yes, the post and link have been helpful. I did get it to work the opposite way. Instead of bringing the .DEM into the .TIF, I brought the .Tif into the .DEM file and used the draw order to bring the .DEM file to the front. I had some plotting issues with it too. I final found a plotter to give me a plot the way the preview showed. The other plotter and color printer would not reproduce the correct layout for me. The KIP7000 would show the .DEM past my borders when the preview should a good plot and the Color Printer would try to cancel my Layout which cut of the .TIF and not even show the .DEM when the preview was also good, but the 1055 plotter finally gave me a quality plot for the presentation. Thank you again for the post and information.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: .DEM file over .TIF file?

Just glad I could help. Thanks for the update.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.