See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Create Double Plan View Sheet?

Login to Give a bone

Question Create Double Plan View Sheet?

Is there a way to create a double plan view sheet as opposed to a plan and profile sheet? I created a template with two seperate plan viewports and the plan production tool will create the sheets, but it has the same view frame above and below in each of the layouts. For example - instead of having 14 individual single plan sheets, I'd like only 7 double plan sheets. Is there any way to do this or am I just spinning my wheels?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create Double Plan View Sheet?

I have not found a way to do this.

Login to Give a bone

Plan production tools is really only geared for doing plan profile sheets. I think the only way you will be able to set up the sheets is manually.

My opinion is that plan production tools needs to be expanded to do plan sheets as well as plan and profile sheets.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by brainman1000 View Post
    Plan production tools is really only geared for doing plan profile sheets. I think the only way you will be able to set up the sheets is manually.

My opinion is that plan production tools needs to be expanded to do plan sheets as well as plan and profile sheets.
    That's not true at all. Plan Production Tools is set up to do plan sheets, P&P sheets, or just profile sheets. It's not set up to do a double plan sheet, so on that, you are correct, the only way to do it is manually.

Login to Give a bone

Hello,

I have had to do double plan sheets and part of it is manual although I still used Plan-Production tools. What I did was to go ahead and let it add all the view frames as you would for plan/profile and let it add a sequential number to each one. Then when you go to "page" them out, instead of selecting "all" hit the button to "choose" which view frames you want. A list will pop up and you pick the first one you want and then skip every other one. In your template with the viewport set to plan, just have the top one drawn. After they are paged out you can load each sheet and copy the viewport down to the bottom of the sheet. Unlock it and pan the view to the left however far to the next sheet. I handle this by drawing a circle at the lower left corner of each view frame that I will need to pan to. Put the circle on defpoints, or some layer that does not plot. Then you can use the express tool for align space, snap to the circle in modelspace, hit enter, and snap to the corner of the copied viewport in paperspace. Not the neatest solution, but it beats doing it all manually.

Good Luck,

Daryl Standrich