Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! NEW PLOTTER!!!

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation HELP! NEW PLOTTER!!!

HELP! We just recieved a brand new Ricoh plotter and can't get it to work with Autocad, which makes it a paper weight for us.

The people who brought it in and set it up for us couldn't get it to work with Autocad, and in fact said that it's not part of their job to get it set up and working with CAD.

I've downloaded the HDI driver from the Ricoh website, and followed all of the typical add plotter conventions. Heck, I even read the instructions that came with the driver. It installs just fine, but when I go to print it seems to work okay, however it doesn't actually print. It just dissapears. The only thing that I can think that it might be is if there's some sort of conflict with the device or driver for another plotter on our network that I have installed.

If any one has any experience with the Ricoh plotters I would greatly appreciate some help. It's a Ricoh Aficio RMPW2400.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: HELP! NEW PLOTTER!!!

We have a RICOH Aficio 3235C, & have had no problems. I don't know what it might be, unless it's a memory problem. We have a plotter that requires us to spool the drawings in the computer, instead of in the plotter because of a memory issue.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cbernier01 View Post
    HELP! We just recieved a brand new Ricoh plotter and can't get it to work with Autocad, which makes it a paper weight for us.

The people who brought it in and set it up for us couldn't get it to work with Autocad, and in fact said that it's not part of their job to get it set up and working with CAD.

I've downloaded the HDI driver from the Ricoh website, and followed all of the typical add plotter conventions. Heck, I even read the instructions that came with the driver. It installs just fine, but when I go to print it seems to work okay, however it doesn't actually print. It just dissapears. The only thing that I can think that it might be is if there's some sort of conflict with the device or driver for another plotter on our network that I have installed.

If any one has any experience with the Ricoh plotters I would greatly appreciate some help. It's a Ricoh Aficio RMPW2400.
    I don't have experience with Ricoh, but a couple of things to check:

1. Permissions
    2. If it has some sort of account tracking facility, there may be some setup required for that.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Railrose View Post
    We have a RICOH Aficio 3235C, & have had no problems. I don't know what it might be, unless it's a memory problem. We have a plotter that requires us to spool the drawings in the computer, instead of in the plotter because of a memory issue.

I would hope that it's not a memory issue. It's got 80 gigs of free harddrive space, and 1 gig of memory. And to top it all off, all I print out are lines. (No joke intended..) I print full size patterns for the guys in the shop to use to build radius jambs.

Login to Give a bone

The Ricoh WIde Formats can be configured with either an embedded / internal controller or an external / PC based plotting solution called PLOTBASE. Which one do you have?

Login to Give a bone

Well. I'm not 100% sure, but based on the conversations with the guys who were setting it up yesterday, I want to say that it's all internally stored on the plotter.

Login to Give a bone

Maybe that was just a delivery/set up crew...

It's hard to believe that Ricoh wouldn't ensure that their newly installed printer actually works... Have you contacted them?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Well. I'm not 100% sure, but based on the conversations with the guys who were setting it up yesterday, I want to say that it's all internally stored on the plotter.
    Well, if it doesn't have a PC next to it, like a Fiery RIP kind of configuration, then you must have the embedded controller, or maybe no controller to enable plotting at all? These Ricoh models can be sold as Copier Only. Probably a good time to check the paperwork and see if it is even configured with the optional plotting capability.

Login to Give a bone

It doesn't have a stand alone PC. So it must have the internal one.
    Unfortunately it wasn't set up by Ricoh, it was set up by a third party distributor. I can print to it with any application other then Autocad, so it's set up as a printer. Just not one that Autocad likes. Even with the .hdi driver installed.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We bought the same one and I spent over a week trying to configure it. That was due to it changing pen weights. I tried setting up the pen weights in the plotter and using the autocad pen weights, but ran into problems with both.

We ended up printing a tiff file and sending it directly to the machine using printfile.exe ( http://www.lerup.com/printfile/ ). The print driver we are using is from http://www.print-driver.com/overview/ . If there is a better driver for tiffs let me know.

Try printing to a file and sending that to the plotter with the printfile.exe program.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast