Thread: Logitech MX1000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Logitech MX1000

It's wierd how my mouse "slows down" as if the pointer speed has been turned down. A quick reset and pointer speed is off the charts again. Is it just me?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Logitech MX1000

Probably. maybe not. Try running without the setpoint software, that normally stops errors with logitech mice. If that doesn't work, make sure you're using the latest version of the software. My MX1000 does have a habit of going dead for a second or 2 every now and then which can be annoying at times. It doesn't seem to do what yours is though, cursor speed is always the same.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Mine doesn't go dead. It's just like someone is slowly turning down the sensitivity. I can't run it without the setpoint software, the buttons are programed though it. The one time I did run it without the software it didn't seem to work as well anyway.

Login to Give a bone

I ran mine for a long time without the setpoint software installed. As long as you don't mind some of the buttons not working, its fine. I only use the 2 main ones anyway and the scroll wheels and they all work fine without the software. Might be worth phoning Logitech and see if they have a solution, if they haven't they'll probably just send you a new mouse.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by paddymackey View Post
    I ran mine for a long time without the setpoint software installed. As long as you don't mind some of the buttons not working, its fine. I only use the 2 main ones anyway and the scroll wheels and they all work fine without the software. Might be worth phoning Logitech and see if they have a solution, if they haven't they'll probably just send you a new mouse.
    I've used it too long to go without the buttons. If I had just bought the mouse I might be calling Logitech but since it's going on 2 years old and I'm looking for a better mouse anyway I'll just live with it for now. Thanks for the help.

Login to Give a bone

I had some issues with my MX1000 recently, and tech support gave me some help that actually worked. the mouse was not taking a charge, and leaving it on the charger for days on end didn't seem to matter. Their fix was to tun off the mouse using the switch on the bottom, and then set it aside for at least 15 minutes. After that time had passed, I placed it back on the charger (still turned off) and left it overnight. Next day, I turned it back on, and everything was fine again.

might be worth trying -- i suspect that the 'brains' of the roent just need to be reset occasionally.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

When I got my new one I experienced some charging issues that I didn't have with the previouse one. However my other problems are occuring after a full charge so I don't think they are related.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmctamney View Post
    I've used it too long to go without the buttons. If I had just bought the mouse I might be calling Logitech but since it's going on 2 years old and I'm looking for a better mouse anyway I'll just live with it for now. Thanks for the help.
    Warranty on the MX1000 is 3 years if I recall properly. First year return to the shop you bought it from, next 2 years direct from Logitech.

Gave you a slightly wrong response actually. I used to have an MX1000 untill about 1½ years ago. The cursor started moving very erratically. The shop wouldn't replace it because it was about 2 years old. Rang Logitech and about 5 mins of troubleshooting they said it was faulty and they'd send me a new one. Only problem was they didn't have any more MX1000s in stock so they sent me the newer version, the MX Revolution all I had to do was cut the USB plug off the old one and mail it in to them.
    Very good Service.