Thread: problem running Autocad 2008 on a XP virtual machine

Login to Give a bone

Smile problem running Autocad 2008 on a XP virtual machine

Hi, I'm new to Autocad 2008 and I installed the product inside a Virtual Machine running Windows XP. The problem start after I run the product and the product prompt me that my product didn't installed properly even after I reinstall the product. Then I clicked on continue anyway I received a fatal error stating "unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812aebh". I send the report to the AutoCad error report but unfortunately no solution has been come up yet. So could the member of the forum who have experience installing the product on a virtual machine and also having this kind of problem to help me please so that I can successfully run this product inside a virtual machine. thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: problem running Autocad 2008 on a XP virtual machine

Quote Originally Posted by radin.hairul.anwar View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Autocad 2008 and I installed the product inside a Virtual Machine running Windows XP. The problem start after I run the product and the product prompt me that my product didn't installed properly even after I reinstall the product. Then I clicked on continue anyway I received a fatal error stating "unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812aebh". I send the report to the AutoCad error report but unfortunately no solution has been come up yet. So could the member of the forum who have experience installing the product on a virtual machine and also having this kind of problem to help me please so that I can successfully run this product inside a virtual machine. thanks
    Hi and welcome to AUGI.
    I don't know the answer to your problem but I have tried installing both A2008 and A2009 under WM-ware workstation. The first thing I noticed is that the graphics card is run as a basic VGA card which means is it slow and has limited colours and resolution - to the point that A2009 will not run at all.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    Hi and welcome to AUGI.
    I don't know the answer to your problem but I have tried installing both A2008 and A2009 under WM-ware workstation. The first thing I noticed is that the graphics card is run as a basic VGA card which means is it slow and has limited colours and resolution - to the point that A2009 will not run at all.
    I see, so maybe the problem is because of graphic limitation of virtual machine that made the application cannot run under it, I also notice inside the graphic settings that the hypervisor (I'm running under virtual iron) only limits my graphic ram to 4mb only. but yours still running right?

Login to Give a bone

hmm.....looks like the problem solve when I install Autocad 2009 inside the virtual machine, although the application really runs slow and the graphic is limited to the performance of the server....

Don't know why it happened with autocad 2008 though...thank for the reply