Thread: View Titles

Login to Give a bone

Default View Titles

Problem:
    I am adding Typical Details to a project and I want to be able to turn off the scale label or manually edit it to say "No Scale" and currently I cant find a way to do this besides faking in text (don't want to do).

The current options are:
    No title
    Title Only
    Title w\Line

Does anyone have any ideas for modifying the View Title Family to allow the view scale to be able to be turned on or off or make it editable?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: View Titles

The view title options are able to be customised, it isn't as straight forward as you would like but once you understand how it works you can achieve what you require

For a view labelled "not to scale", I would first edit the standard view title family (in my case M_View_Title) by default this family has a yes\no parameter that sets whether the view scale is shown. You can either make a new family which you delete the scale label and add some standard text for the "not to scale" below the view title label (or you could modify your standard family to have another parameter for 3 types of view title, 1-scale, 2-not to scale, 3-scale not shown (a bit more understanding of familys is required for this)

Then load the family into your project, now you can create a new view title type (go to change the view title type, and duplicate a new one) and under title select the title you just created)

Once you go through the process its fairly straightforward, you can also use the same procedure to link other parameters into your view titles

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: View Titles

benmay

"(or you could modify your standard family to have another parameter for 3 types of view title, 1-scale, 2-not to scale, 3-scale not shown (a bit more understanding of familys is required for this)"

You say we can add parameters to view title families? I've tried that and am not having any luck. I've created a shared parameter with the parameter I want - DWG NAME (for DWG imports). But when I go to create a label and add it to the view title family all the parameter options are grayed out.

Am I forgeting something?

kr