Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assembly constraints with multiple solutions

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Assembly constraints with multiple solutions

I'm having a similar problem. I've modeled a piano hinge, and placed it in an assembly. One side of the hinge is constrained to the box I'm building. The other side is constrained only to the door. However when I go back to the hinge assembly and change the angle, the door won't follow the hinge.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nick.kuzmik View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. I've modeled a piano hinge, and placed it in an assembly. One side of the hinge is constrained to the box I'm building. The other side is constrained only to the door. However when I go back to the hinge assembly and change the angle, the door won't follow the hinge.

Hi Nick,
    How many other constraints are on your door? Which is your grounded part? Any hardware constrained to the door?

Without seeing the actual files in question, I don't really know what's going on. However, from what you've said, I've got an idea for you.

If the hinge is the only thing constrained to the door, try this: open your hinge assembly file and suppress your angle constraint then save it. Go back to your assembly (with the box and door) and right click on your first instance of the hinge assembly and set it to flexible. Now you should be able to highlight the door and hold down your left mouse button to swing the door. Finally you should be able to set up a contact set, and angle contraint, or what ever you need. Hopefully this is helpful Nick.
    Last edited by jlucas; 2009-06-09 at 03:43 PM. Reason: oops - adaptive setting should be flexible setting

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
    Hi Nick,
    How many other constraints are on your door? Which is your grounded part? Any hardware constrained to the door?

Without seeing the actual files in question, I don't really know what's going on. However, from what you've said, I've got an idea for you.

If the hinge is the only thing constrained to the door, try this: open your hinge assembly file and suppress your angle constraint then save it. Go back to your assembly (with the box and door) and right click on your first instance of the hinge assembly and set it to flexible. Now you should be able to highlight the door and hold down your left mouse button to swing the door. Finally you should be able to set up a contact set, and angle contraint, or what ever you need. Hopefully this is helpful Nick.
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nick.kuzmik View Post
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I thank you.
    Glad to be of help Nick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12