Thread: Window Asswmblies - Scheduling

Login to Give a bone

Default Window Asswmblies - Scheduling

I have a drawing that has window assemblies and the assemblies have infills that use actual windows. The problem is that when I go to schedule my windows it schedules both the assembly and the infill. I cannot turn off the selection of windows because we also have plain windows that need to be scheduled.
    Bottom line is how do I schedule and tag just the assembly and not the infill?

For reference we are using ACA 2009.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Window Asswmblies - Scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by jbayne View Post
    I have a drawing that has window assemblies and the assemblies have infills that use actual windows. The problem is that when I go to schedule my windows it schedules both the assembly and the infill. I cannot turn off the selection of windows because we also have plain windows that need to be scheduled.

Can you just choose the assembly and not the infill, or does that not work?

You could also look into categories. There's a few ways to do this. You could try creating a category called "infill". Take all you infill windows and set them to that category. Then, on your schedule, don't include that category. Or you could create categories for the windows and assemblies you want to schedule, then make the schedule include those categories.

I did this with my equipment schedules. I do car washes, and wanted to have separate schedules for tunnel equipment and support equipment. So I created 2 categories, Tunnel and Equipment room. Then I created 2 schedules, one for the each category. That way, they don't pick up each others components.

Login to Give a bone

Yes we can select just assembly by picking on it but it is much easier to do a window. I will have to do some reading on setting up catogories and scheduling. Thanks for the insight now I have a direction to follow.

Login to Give a bone

Yes we can select just assembly by picking on it but it is much easier to do a window. I will have to do some reading on setting up catogories and scheduling. Thanks for the insight now I have a direction to follow.
    You could also look into putting the infills on a different layer, then freezing it, tag the assemblies with a crossing window, then thawing the infills.

Login to Give a bone

If your Schedule Table is in the same file as the Window and Door/Window Assembly objects, then you can use Dan's suggestion to select just the items you want to include in the schedule. If you are putting your Schedule Table in a file that brings in the objects to be scheduled via external references or if you are scheduling an external drawing, you will not have that luxury. Even if you do, in a complicated drawing, selecting just the items you want can be tedious and is subject to error.

There are two ways to filter out unwanted objects from a Schedule Table, layer filters or classification filters. You may to have a look at this blog post, which discusses the basics. One thing to note is that since that article was written, the ability to override classifications at the object level has been added, so if you are using 2007, 2008 or 2009, you would not have to have a separate Window style for each classification to be assigned.

Login to Give a bone

Doh! I meant to say classifications, not categories. Sorry about that.

Thanks for clearing that up David, I'm sure I've confused him with "categories"!

Login to Give a bone

Yes I figured it was classifications. I saw them when building schedules and such just never crasped what they were for or how to use them.

Plus everytime I look at title of thread I have to laugh at myself.

Login to Give a bone

Yes I figured it was classifications. I saw them when building schedules and such just never crasped what they were for or how to use them.

Plus everytime I look at title of thread I have to laugh at myself.
    asswmblies!