Summary: Be able to add prefixed or postscript text, feature control symbols, tolerances, etc. to dimensions real time

Description: I would to see "in-stream" modifiers for dimensioning in drawings.

How Used: An "in-stream" modifier is simply an additional piece of info needed for dimensions, such as prefixed or postscript text, feature control symbols, tolerances, etc.

It would be an extreme time saver to be able to select the "modifiers" I need from a dimension menu. Say I want the next 10 dimensions to have the following: 2X (as prefixed text); THRU (as postscript text); a tolerance; and then a geometric tolerance box. I would select the dimension command, a menu pops up, I select and input the modifiers I need and hit "apply" and insert the dimensions needed with those "modifiers". When Done I'd simply bring that menu back up and edit the "modifiers" as need for the next dimension(s). Years ago, ComputerVision's CADDS5 did this great. This can most likely be seen in the current version of Pro/E.

As it is now, I have to insert the basic dimension then go back and edit each dimension. On drawings where I have a lot of dimensions, some are due to slip thru the cracks and get missed.

Simply add a menu to the dimesnion command that will then include the ability to add these modifiers if needed.

This has been a "wish" of mine since Rev 4!

Feature Affinity: Drawing Manager

Submitted By: Jim O'Flaherty on March 7, 2008