Thread: Updating Multiple Layouts to PageSetup - Refresh?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Updating Multiple Layouts to PageSetup - Refresh?

I've written a lisp utility to set multiple layout tabs to a Page Setup (saved in the drawing). It seems to work fine - see this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=80461

Unfortunately in some cases the page background is not updated (even after re-opening the drawing). The Page Setup Manager does show that the tab is set to the correct Saved Page Setup, but when the setup refers to Plot area = Extents it doesn't "move" the page background in Paper Space. I then have to do the Set Current in the Page Setup Manager and after clicking Close it updates correctly.

The plots do come out correctly even if I haven't performed the above, but I'd like to see it as it's set-up. Does anyone know how I can "update" the display of the Page in Paper Space after setting the Layout to a particular Page Setup?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Updating Multiple Layouts to PageSetup - Refresh?

I haven't looked at your code. Have you tried to regen the viewport(s) before or after making the change?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Yep I've tried that, even saved , closed and reopened the drawing. Still no go! It only happens if the actual TB on the layout is not positioned correctly and the Page Setup then compensates using Extents instead of Layout or Window.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

The attached is an example of what goes wrong. If you look at the Page Setup Manager, you'll notice that both Layouts are set as per the DWF-A1 Saved Page Setup. But only the A1-Correct layout looks as it should after I clicked "Set Current" while DWF-A1 was selected in the PAGESETUP.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

After some testing I finally worked this out: I was using the ActiveX method of CopyFrom to duplicate the PageSetup object to the Layout object. Unfortunately it then doesn't update the display of the Layout. So I simply had to change a property of the Layout object "manually" so the internal updating would take place.

I simply added a call to set the PlotType property to the same value it was, i.e. (vla-put-PlotType tobj (vla-get-PlotType tobj)). Then I also ensured that each tab was regened, maybe this isn't really necessary but I added it for completeness.