Thread: Add an elemnt with VBA?

Login to Give a bone

Default Add an elemnt with VBA?

Does anyone know if it's possible to add an element to the project with VBA. the ideal thing would be if i can copy a file from the network and add that to the elemnts. I think for now, I'll copy the file and open it for the users, then they have to manually add the current drawing as an element.

Any sugestions?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Add an elemnt with VBA?

Quote Originally Posted by sgroff View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to add an element to the project with VBA. the ideal thing would be if i can copy a file from the network and add that to the elemnts. I think for now, I'll copy the file and open it for the users, then they have to manually add the current drawing as an element.

Any sugestions?
    Is this element going to be a standard part of every project? Is so, couldn't you add it to the project template. That way, when they create a new project using a template, it will load the project structure and any .dwg files in the template. That's how I make a copy of a project (if the new project is close to an existing one).

Login to Give a bone

no it wont be standard with every project.

I want it for titleblocks or borders. Formerly EVERY title block was loaded to a project under elements. I dont want to do this anymore, instead i just want the border that is being used for that project. make sence ?
    Last edited by sgroff; 2008-06-06 at 08:11 PM. Reason: my typing sucks

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sgroff View Post
    no it wont be standard with every project.

I want it for titleblocks or borders. Formerly EVERY title block was loaded to a project under elements. I dont want to do this anymore, instead i just want the border that is being used for that project. make sence ?
    Sort of, but not really! Why don't you have your title block and border as part of your sheet template? When I create a sheet, it automatically selects the correct template to pull the sheet from, complete with border and title block and all the fields like sheet number, project number etc. They all get filled out automatically because they are linked to my project details.

You can have a sheet template with a bunch of different borders, each on its own tab. Different size paper, different borders, different title blocks, whatever. You can then set up your project to prompt you (or not if you don't need to) for what template to use for your titleblocks. Each tab is a separate template, even though it's one drawing.

How are you doing it? Xrefing the border into every sheet as an element?