Thread: Create PDF and PC3's

Login to Give a bone

Default Create PDF and PC3's

I have kind of a random question regarding PC3 files. What I usually do is create the PC3 files at my machine and then copy them over along with the associated PMP file to the other machines. In this way all the settings I want are saved and everyone sees the same thing. I am able to set things like line merge and filter out page sizes and such.

Well I am having an issue with the PC3 file that I have created to go with Acrobat version 8. I saved all the settings I wanted and created Adobe PDF.pc3 and Adobe PDF.pmp. But when I copy those files to another machine it ignores all the settings I saved and just shows the default settings.

Has anyone had this issue before where copying a PC3 file to another machine does not result in that machine using the same settings? It's acting as if I never copied the file at all, even though I can clearly see by the dates on the files that they are the same ones on my machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create PDF and PC3's

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzjr View Post
    I have kind of a random question regarding PC3 files. What I usually do is create the PC3 files at my machine and then copy them over along with the associated PMP file to the other machines. In this way all the settings I want are saved and everyone sees the same thing. I am able to set things like line merge and filter out page sizes and such.

Well I am having an issue with the PC3 file that I have created to go with Acrobat version 8. I saved all the settings I wanted and created Adobe PDF.pc3 and Adobe PDF.pmp. But when I copy those files to another machine it ignores all the settings I saved and just shows the default settings.

Has anyone had this issue before where copying a PC3 file to another machine does not result in that machine using the same settings? It's acting as if I never copied the file at all, even though I can clearly see by the dates on the files that they are the same ones on my machine.

Any help is appreciated.
    Is it possible for you to store all your pc3 and pmp files in a network location, then you only need to make your changes, and it automatically should apply to everyone else. That is how both of our offices are setup, I dont believe we have ever had an issue similar to the one you describe.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create PDF and PC3's

The network method makes for less hassles.

But if you have to copy the PC3's then it's not as simple as just copying the PMP's as well. The reason for this is, the PC3 has a reference to the file path of its associated PMP file, this includes that long folder path C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Applica ..... \PMP Files.

I guess that each PC has a unique username. So that path differs for each PC. You can change that path only through the Plotter Configuration Editor. On the Device and Document Settings tab, scroll to the bottom of the list, select PMP File Name. Click the Attach button and browse to the new PMP file.