Hi,

I've been trying to get into Revit for sometime now... just haven't had the chance to jump headfirst into a project... I'm finally giving it a shot.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with materials, I'm not sure if it is something to do with my setup or if Revit is functioning as it should.

I'm running Revit 5.1

I've produced a model of an apartment... almost none of the walls/windows or doors have any texturing on them when I render. By using the paint function I can apply a material to a wall, which is fine... but for something like a sliding door, it's a bit harder. It consists of a frame and then glazing I suppose, I would have thought the default setup would set up some standard materials? But it is completely gray.

I managed to change the frame of the sliding door by selecting Default Frame from the materials setup and assigning it an accurender material, but I can't get the glass panels to change from the gray at all.

Does this make any sense?

I guess what I'm asking is how much setting up of materials is required for Revit, is my software installed and configured correctly, am I just clueless?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.