Summary: Lock the relationship between points on a feature line.

Description: Feature Line Elevation Relationship Lock:
I would like to see, within a Civil 3D feature line, the ability to lock or hold a specific relationship between elevation points (vertices). In other words, if I have a feature line with two vertices (A & B) and a grade between A & B of 2%, I�d like the ability to change the elevation of vertex A and maintain the same grade of 2%, effectively forcing the elevation of B to increase to satisfy the specified relationship. One might say that we can �lock� the relationship between vertices A & B.

How Used: Where I see a practical application of this ability would be within sub-division lot grading. With the introduction of �dynamic feature lines from a corridor� there exists the prefect beginning for simplified lot grading, but without the ability to lock the relationship between elevation points on a feature line (as described above) a true dynamic solutions falls short.
Most (if not all) lot grading uses some elevation along the street or curb as the basis for establishing lot/pad elevations.

Feature Affinity: Feature Lines

Submitted By: Mike Bandich on May 29, 2008