Thread: Structural Usage Sub categories

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Structural Usage Sub categories

When modeling a truss out of beams and braces I would like to see the ability to set the structural usage the same as if you made the truss in a truss family ie. Chord, Web ect. This would help greatly in scheduling these items and also help keep the model organized.

Another structural usage sub category that would be helpful is in organizing the model is one for cantilevered beams. Currently right know when placing cantilevered beams with the structural usage set to automatic it will get set to "other". I would like it to say "cantilever".

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Structural Usage Sub categories

Hi,
    It would be really handy if we could create or add to the Structural Usage list.

Cheers,
    J

Login to Give a bone

I'd love to see "Collector" and "Lateral Frame"; I've been able to work past this by simply adding another parameter and creating a filter utilizing it; the filter has been added to my view templates (and project template).

I agree 100% with the call for adding "Chord" and "Web".

Can I ask why you want the "Cantilever" structural usage?

Login to Give a bone

I have found that it would be nice to be able to isolate and schedule cantilevered and back span beams, when liking with an analytical program. Programs like Ram and Risa will take the 2 beams that we put into Revit and turn them into 1 beam in the analytical program. If we could isolate these beams it would help with trouble shooting, or making sure the paramters are set correctly so the export correctly. On the way back into Revit it would be nice to see that the members got updated correctly.
    This doesn't have to come from the structural usage setting, another way this could be accomplished was if you could schedule and filter by the cantilever symbol parameter.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I think the ability to create our own custom Usages or add to the list would be extremely helpful in both steel and concrete systems, when it comes to schedules being able to group band beams together or other particular items rather then creating parameters to do it for us.

Just a simple dialog box in the Structural Settings with an add option that adds to the list. Limiting just leaves out those few who do things differently opening it up allows everyone to do what they want.