Thread: ACA 2009 - Multi-View Block Reference - scale & display configurations

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy ACA 2009 - Multi-View Block Reference - scale & display configurations

Question 1: I have multi-view plan blocks in tool palettes...the default properties for the scale x,y,z are originally set to 1 and the "specify scale on screen" is set to NO..
    The MV references a plan block that the annotative scale is set to NONE.

When I insert the multi-view block from the tool palette the x,y,z scale changes and overrides the originally set default of 1,1,1......
    It seems that the annotative scale is affecting the MV block insert scale?

I have set the "specify scale on screen" is set to YES to manually set the scale to 1 and this works but I would rather the scale 1 be the unaffected default.

Question 2: Where do I modify MV block display properties?
    The Display tab is not available when I edit the MV block through Style Manager?..

Please help..Thanx.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2009 - Multi-View Block Reference - scale & display configurations

Welcome to AUGI and congratulations on your first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ra View Post
    Question 1: I have multi-view plan blocks in tool palettes...the default properties for the scale x,y,z are originally set to 1 and the "specify scale on screen" is set to NO..
    The MV references a plan block that the annotative scale is set to NONE.

When I insert the multi-view block from the tool palette the x,y,z scale changes and overrides the originally set default of 1,1,1......
    It seems that the annotative scale is affecting the MV block insert scale?

I have set the "specify scale on screen" is set to YES to manually set the scale to 1 and this works but I would rather the scale 1 be the unaffected default.
    This is a bug that was introduced with the advent of annotative content (2008). The developers are aware of it, but so far no proper fix has been made available (for 2008 or 2009 - both versions have the problem). You might find this blog article of some use, as it describes two ways to get Multi-View Block tools to behave as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ra View Post
    Question 2: Where do I modify MV block display properties?
    The Display tab is not available when I edit the MV block through Style Manager?..

Please help..Thanx.
    Multi-View Blocks do not fully participate in the display system. They do not have any predefined components on which display setting might be made; instead, they only have user-created view blocks. You can assign different blocks to different Display Representations/View Directions to get the Multi-View Block to "change" with changes to the Display Configuration and/or view direction. If you need the linework displayed by a Multi-View Block to display something other than the color/linetype/entity linetype scale/lineweight/plotstyle assigned to the Multi-View Block itself, then you will need to make those settings directly to the linework within the view block(s) assigned to the Multi-View Block.