See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Is it possible to draw a section that will only appear in the view you draw it

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Is it possible to draw a section that will only appear in the view you draw it

Hi,

Is it possible to draw a section that will only appear in the view you draw it? For example if I take a section through my roof I only want the mark to show up on that view not on the floor below or any other sections. Is it possible to select the section and "hide in other views"?

Thanks,
    Jonas

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is it possible to draw a section that will only appear in the view you draw it

You can create a scope box (Drafting menu > Scope Box) around the section mark and name it. The you select the section mark and go to Properties > Scope Box and select the scope box you just created. Doing that you are telling to Revit that that section mark will be controlled by the scope box. Now just go to a section view perpendicular to the section you want to hide in other views and drag the scope box extents to only be included in the level you want it to show. Also, dragging the extents of the scope box in plan to avoid it crossing other sections, will make the section mark not show on these sections.

Of course, section marks are like a 3D object and only appear on views where its extents are crossing. If in a section view you change the extents of your section to just be included in between the level you want, it won't show on the other levels bellow.

But I would use the first option (scope boxes)

Andre Carvalho