Thread: Wu1, STC after Central file mishap

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wu1, STC after Central file mishap

We have a user who believes she converted her Local file to Central and worked in it all weekend. The two other memebers of the team have just done a little work today, so my plan was to save the first user's file as a new Central with the same name as before, and try to STC from the other user's Locals. I would expect to get the error about the 'local file can't be reconciled', but instead I am getting "The file you are attempting to save to Central is not compatible with the Central File either because of prior upgrade to new version of Revit or because the Central File was substituted with an unrelated file with the same name."

Everyone is using WU1, so the first is not the case. And the new Central was saved from a Local file made from Central last week, the same time and Central the local file that won't save was made. Which suggests that they are not 'unrelated' files.

I am afraid we are at the point where we just have to pick one Local to be the new Central and everyone else just looses their work, but the error message I am getting suggests either some other problem, or a change in error message text that is misleading.

So, anyone run into this in WU1 yet? Do you get this same message?

Thanks,
    Gordon

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wu1, STC after Central file mishap

I've never been able to make a file that wasn't created from the central Save to a central. So I think there must be somesort of unique coding when the local is first connected to the central.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sbrown View Post
    I've never been able to make a file that wasn't created from the central Save to a central. So I think there must be somesort of unique coding when the local is first connected to the central.
    Well, both locals where made from the same central last week, and in 2008 I have had need to make one of those locals into a new central. And on occasion I have been able to then save to central from an extant local and thus salvage some work. Perhaps I just got really lucky? I admit it has been pretty minimal stuff in the other locals that made it into the new central. And come to think of it, it was probably 9.1 the last time I had need to do it, not 2008.

Best,
    Gordon

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by gordon.price View Post
    So, anyone run into this in WU1 yet? Do you get this same message?
    Good day,
    I'm not sure what WU1 is, but we had that same issue last week, using 2009, nobody was able to save because the central file no longer existed. The only message we had, was "file not saved," for all trying to save to central; and for the user that had made the central a local file, first message said he had to save to central before saving, then the "file not saved" message.