Thread: Navisworks to Revit Question

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Navisworks to Revit Question

I'm new to Navisworks and have only downloaded the trial and installed it. My questions are as follows:

1. We have a building file with multiple linked units. When I ported out to NWC format, only the shell came in, not the linked units. How do I get the linked units to go to Navisworks as well?

2. Someone mentioned having an x, y, z coordinates conversation with consultants to get everything to the same origin point. Where would I find this conversation documented (in the event that we will have to port each unit to NWC format...which I dread in a building that has over 40 different unit types...)?

I'm sure I'll have more as I go along. Love the forums as always and am looking forward to your input. Thank you all in advance!

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Navisworks to Revit Question

The nwc exporter does not export linked files unfortunately, you have a few options
    1. Export each file individually, which is normally recommended, but most people don't have 40 links!
    2. Bind all your links in Revit first then export. You better have a lot of RAM and a 64 bit OS because this is going to kill Revit, it may just crash and not work at all.
    3. Export to dwg instead, the links will be exported, you will just lose some of the embedded data that would be in an nwc, but if you're just doing clash detection this may be your easiest option.

As for origin, if you're exporting dwg's for consultants make sure you export with shared coordinates and not project, then make sure they work off the same 0,0. If they're in Revit just make sure they import your file origin to origin