Thread: Constrain - Disjoin - Copy Keyboard Shortcuts

Login to Give a bone

Default Constrain - Disjoin - Copy Keyboard Shortcuts

When moving objects - either explicitly or by press&drag - holding down the shift key constrains the movement to 90 degree angles. Holding down the control key copies the object. What is the shortcut key to DISJOIN? That's the one most needed. And none of these tricks seem to be properly documented in the help files.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Constrain - Disjoin - Copy Keyboard Shortcuts

if you don't move, but copy, pressing SHIFT also toggles the constraints (90°) on or off, and you can disjoin with pressing CTRL (and simultaniously turning copy off)- basically you transform the copy-command into a "disjoining move". saves me lots of time since i discovered it
    my workflow is "CC" for copy-command and the modifier-keys according to my needs - so i hardly ever use the move-command anymore...

Login to Give a bone

Nice first post.

But what do you do if you want to move something, but keep it attached to an adjacent object, thus stretching the other object to keep it attached to what you're moving? Can you do that with just keyboard strokes?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am aware that I am replying to an old post, (I am not finding any newer posts that better address my question) so this may just be a change in updated versions, but I can't get the copy with ctrl process described by eivendur1 to work to disjoin. I can get it to move (without copy) but still be joined or to copy and disjoin, but not not to move and disjoin. I am in Revit LT 2020. In general, is there some other option to toggle option bar selections on and off with keyboard shortcuts rather than having to drag the mouse all the way over to the options bar? This seems to be more and more important as screens get larger and higher resolution and thus the time/movement needed to use the mouse to select options clear across the screen increases. Keyboard shortcuts are just so much more efficient! Not only do they take less time and movement, but they also mean your eyes can stay focused on what you are doing instead of looking away to find a small option checkbox.