Thread: Lookup "guidance"

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Lookup "guidance"

I'm in the process of creating a DB for which will eventually contain many lookup tables for a riser diagram template. Here's the situation: I've got a visibility parameter that contains 6 vis states for various starting points for a riser diagram: Voice, Data, CATV, Analog, Voice IP/Data and Voice/Data/Video. From there, I've got a lookup table (currently only 1 for the Voice vis state) that allow you to select any of a number of options for # of floors. Now the issue I'm running into is this: When I select the Voice vis state then select one of the options in the lookup, the vis state changes to Custom. Is there a way to make it stay on Voice while selecting an option from the lookup? I've attached a screen shot and a DWG (the DB is already inserted into the drawing).

Thanks in advance.

Matt W

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lookup "guidance"

Hi Mattw,
    The problem is that when you use different Visibilities on multiple lookups they are all still appear under the "Input Properties" on each lookup window. Each individual lookup have the "<Unmatched>" property and the default name for it is "Custom". When the option exist but not matched you get the Custom option on your pulldown menu.
    The only way I found around it is to try and use different Actions to limit the Visibilities in the DB. For example, you can use the Array to create the floor lines in the building and also use array with field to indicate the floor number automatically.

I wish they would introduce multiple visibilities parameters per block and not limit us to one.

Good luck

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I thought about doing the array and using a field and a formula linked to a line on a non-plot layer to determine the number of floors, however, I couldn't figure out how to get it to change for each floor. Here's what I came up with.

Could you elaborate more on how *you* would use an array and fields to indicate the floors? Also, how would you label 3 floors and a roof?

Thanks again!

Matt W

Login to Give a bone

I'll try to get to it later...
    I'm attaching a block (in progress) for a DB Graph. I'm using attributes with array to add the numbers as I go up the grid.
    take a look maybe this can help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks... I've DL'd the DWG. I'll try to disect it later.

Matt