Thread: Autodesk Impression not standard with AutoCAD 2009?

Login to Give a bone

Question Autodesk Impression not standard with AutoCAD 2009?

Hi all,

I've just finished a battle with my fresh install of ACAD2009, and FINALLY got it to work.

Now I see that I do not have the Autodesk Impression toolbar, which is present on our other machines running ACAD2008.

Has this feature been removed from ACAD2009? Or is there something I overlooked during my re-install of ACAD2009?

I am pretty sure I did not see an option to load this toolbar, when I was doing my install.

Any clear reason for this? Or is there a way I can load the toolbar in ACAD2009, without having to painfully re-install?

-OD-

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Impression not standard with AutoCAD 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by odwa.noah View Post
    Hi all,

I've just finished a battle with my fresh install of ACAD2009, and FINALLY got it to work.

Now I see that I do not have the Autodesk Impression toolbar, which is present on our other machines running ACAD2008.

Has this feature been removed from ACAD2009? Or is there something I overlooked during my re-install of ACAD2009?

I am pretty sure I did not see an option to load this toolbar, when I was doing my install.

Any clear reason for this? Or is there a way I can load the toolbar in ACAD2009, without having to painfully re-install?

-OD-
    It is available by download if you are a subscription customer. Have a look HERE.

Login to Give a bone

I just thought I should let you all see a different possible solution, besides downloading Impression:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...hreadID=678161

I haven't tried it yet, but it does seem that I may have overlooked the ad/remove features install...

-OD-

Login to Give a bone

I honestly think that there is something wrong with the whole Impression add-on... I went to another office I used to work at, and checked their machines.

NONE of the PC's that were to upgraded to ACAD2009 had the Impression toolbar/features loaded. So we went ahead and tried the whole ADD/REMOVE features on one of the pc's and it would not install.

I then tried a fresh install from one of their ACAD2009 discs, thinking that there could be a fault with my disc, and Impression STILL does not load, even when you have checked it under the CUSTOM INSTALL features. The only result I get when selecting to install the features via CUSTOM INSTALL, is a BLANK Impressions tab on the OUTPUT ribbon, after installation is complete.

This was happening with my disc's install and in the other office.

This to me does not sound like a dealer's problem, it sounds more like Autodesk's problem, that they should fix within Impression.

-OD-