Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WISHLIST!!

All AUGI, all the time Alex Page's Avatar

Default Re: WISHLIST!!

Heres mine....
    Note that I reckon Interior lighting needs big improvment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Let me clarify that I was not disparaging RobertB or his suggestion in any way!! At least noy intentionally. I apologize if that is how it came off. I was merely trying to illustrate that every forum here has the same ranking tool and yet not every forum has threads which actually benefit from being ranked, as does this one. Therefore, I think there is a disconnect between the thread being ranked and the content of the thread ebing ranked. That was the basis for my decision to do it this way.

To reiterate what my fellow moderator said, this has been on my to do list for quite some time, but it has been delayed by various events...especially my new job! I am working on a long-term strategy to make the wishlist more powerful and automatic, but for now the inclusion of descriptions would be a manual process that would take up a lot of time (which I currently don't have!). I will post descriptions of the top ten lists.

I realize this is not perfect, but it is the best I could do this time around. I promise it will be getting better and better!

Thanks for understanding!
    Greg

Thumbs up Re: WISHLIST!!

Quote Originally Posted by gregcashen
    Let me clarify that I was not disparaging RobertB or his suggestion in any way!! At least noy intentionally. I apologize if that is how it came off. ... Thanks for understanding!
    Greg, I knew you were not disparaging me. No need to apologize... no harm, no foul! I realized that the Revit community likely had something in place to handle the wishlist list long ago.

AUGI Addict

Once Revit 7.0 come out we should wipe the slate clean and have a wishlist Archive for anything before. Any that havent been granted if still relevant will come up again. If we force a minimum poll of "good" "bad" "dont care" to be added automatically to every wish that would help wouldnt it?

I think this is a great idea. I think in the future I will make it mandatory that all wishes be posted as polls with standard options. Additionally, all wishes in the wishlist need to be individual wishes in a thread...I will work on some rules and post them here for all to review and comment on...

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregcashen
    ...I will work on some rules and post them here for all to review and comment on...
    It's been awhile but folks forget (and new folks never see perhaps) that our welcome message, posted in the beginning contains the requirement to post one wish per thread, among other things.

It's difficult to manage when a list of 10 items is posted in a single thread. Do we "pull" the post and ask the member who posted it to "fix it" or do we expect the moderators or you to deal with those? Historically, we have deferred to "light" moderation even though it runs counter to our stated requirements for a wishlist post. A poll requirement for a wishlist suggestion is a good idea, I suggest the following choices for answers:

In Favor
    Not in Favor
    Not Relevant (added after Bclarch's comments)
    Don't understand the issue

The last one allows everyone "else" to comment on an issue. This points out to the Revit development team that this subject isn't understood well and they can address it either with improvements to Revit or the supporting help documentation.

Greg...I've made the announcement I refer to sticky again...and stripped out references to the "old" way of recording wishes on the wishlist master thread.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; 2004-09-20 at 06:24 PM.

All AUGI, all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford
    In Favor
    Not in Favor
    Don't understand the issue
    I'm thinking out loud here so I have not fully examined this myself but I think there should also be a "Have not encountered this issue / This issue not relevant to me" choice. There are some wishlist posts that I read (and understand) but can't make a judgement on because I have not encountered the issue and therefore cannot judge how useful the requested fix would be. This would also allow the developers set priorities based, in part, on the frequency with which a problem crops up.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bclarch
    ...also be a "Have not encountered this issue / This issue not relevant to me" choice...
    I thought about this for awhile myself. At first I felt that if something wasn't relevant...the "don't understand the issue" choice covered it. But I can see where you can understand the wish but find no use for it either because of the nature of your practice or how you choose to use Revit's features. So let's add "Not Relevant" for now. Pending Greg's...review.

and another

I could stop if I wanted to eldad's Avatar

Here is mine,
    I havn't seen anything about walls attaching to stairs, I think that will be very cool

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast