See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Navigator Help

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Project Navigator Help

c.ridder,

Can you be more specific as to which one? It's been a while since I wrote the questions, so forgive me if I'm not so quick on the uptake. I'd be happy to share my experiences though.

-Brad

Login to Give a bone

sorry about that. it would be the layer issue with placed views.

'' But as soon as I click an insertion point, everything inside the viewport disappears. It seems that what's going on is once I place the viewport, all of the layers from the original construct become frozen in the viewport. Why?!? ''

it worked great in adt/abs 2007, not so much in 2010 arch/mep. I have a ticket with dealer and autodesk and they are working hard to solve. i can recreate with 2010 32 and 64 bit using out of the box profile and sample project.

Quote Originally Posted by bradg View Post
    c.ridder,

Can you be more specific as to which one? It's been a while since I wrote the questions, so forgive me if I'm not so quick on the uptake. I'd be happy to share my experiences though.

-Brad

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, gotcha.

Unfortunately it's been over a year since I set up that project, and our company has since shied away from using all of the Views and Sheets inside the PN (too much hassle without a clear payoff benefit). However, what I *think* I ended up doing was setting up Layer States inside of the Constructs (one for ductwork, one for piping, etc.) and then once the Views are created, going back into the Layer States Manager and applying the States that are referenced from the Construct. (I didn't set this up/figure this out until late in the project, so it was kind of a pain going back through all of the Views and such.)

If I recall, I think I gave up on the "Match Sheet Layers to Viewports" option, just because I couldn't get it to function correctly and reliably.

It also took some time to figure out the proper way to use VISRETAIN in all of the Constructs, Views, Sheets, xrefs, etc., so be sure to think that through to save some headaches down the road.

Hopefully that helps. If not and you'd like some more info, I may be able to take some time later to look through the old project and see how I set it up.

-Brad

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the info. No need for extra effort on your part, we know how to do the layer states. Unfortunate that it worked fine in 2007 but now it is broke.

I have dealer and autodesk on it.

Login to Give a bone

I may be way off base here, but why not create a separate construct for piping, one for duct work, etc. etc. Then just create your views using whatever construct you need? Wouldn't that work?

Login to Give a bone

Not to much off base and we do have seperate constructs for each discipline, existing demo, new, etc so no problem there. The issue we are having is that when a view is placed on sheet all the layers are frozen in the viewport. worked in 2007, 2010 not so much. dealer and autodesk have recreated issue and are working on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12