Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polyline with width showing up "hollow" when drawing is in x-ref

Login to Give a bone

Question Polyline with width showing up "hollow" when drawing is in x-ref

I have a floor plan with rated walls shown with a polyline set to a 4 in width, and a rated linetype. When I x-ref it into some sheets, it looks fine, but there are some - the ones in particular are where the plan is a nested reference, although not always in this case - where the thick solid line turns into hollow boxes instead of thick dashes. I've tried to figure out if there's some setting that might be the reason for this, but I can't figure it out. Please help!!!! It's very frustrating.

I could stop if I wanted to mom of 3's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Polyline with width showing up "hollow" when drawing is in x-ref

LTSCALE or PSLTSCALE

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by gkhalsa View Post
    I have a floor plan with rated walls shown with a polyline set to a 4 in width, and a rated linetype. When I x-ref it into some sheets, it looks fine, but there are some - the ones in particular are where the plan is a nested reference, although not always in this case - where the thick solid line turns into hollow boxes instead of thick dashes. I've tried to figure out if there's some setting that might be the reason for this, but I can't figure it out. Please help!!!! It's very frustrating.
    Check to see if "FILLMODE" is set to "0" (off), you need it set to "1" (on) for polylines with a width to show as filled.

Just a thought

Login to Give a bone

and your view must be a true plan on the current UCS (PLan command) and your shademode (or visualstyle) must be 2dwireframe.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Re: Polyline with width showing up "hollow" when drawing is in x-ref

I've tried all of those commands, and they were set to the correct mode, and it's still showing up "hollow." I've also added donuts to the base drawing and in the file that it's x-refed into, the "fill" is showing as a bunch of radial lines from the center of the circle. Any more ideas anyone? I'm at my wit's end.

Login to Give a bone

Try creating a new drawing (qnew), then Xrefing the same files into it. See if it's still doing it. You could have a corrupt template.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, can't think of anything else.
    The radial line donuts are consistent with non-filled wide plines.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

have you tried auditing or recovering your base drawing and then auditing or recovering the drawing it is xrefed into?

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Re: Polyline with width showing up "hollow" when drawing is in x-ref

I've run audits and recovers on all of the files and that didn't help. I x-refed the files into a completely new, blank drawing, and it's still doing the same thing.

I also tried to toggle on and off the fillmode, and it doesn't seem to be working either way. in the base file, the polylines stay wide and filled when I change the fillmode to "0" and the hollow ones, obviously, do nothing when I change it to "1." It seems like changing the fillmode is doing absolutely nothing.

I inherited these files from a different firm, so I have no idea what they could have done to them. Any MORE ideas?

Login to Give a bone

I'm going to go ahead upload the files for someone to take a look at and see if anyone can find anything. anything at all! PLEASE.

And, like I said, I did not draw these originally, and there are some issues that I've had to work with, such as everything being drawn at a different "Z." That's been fun to deal with!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast