Thread: Civil 3D 2008 Random problems

Login to Give a bone

Default Civil 3D 2008 Random problems

Just started using Civil 3D 2008, comming from LDD 2066

Some of the main problems I am having are

1. My Options>Drafting>Autonap Settings>Marker will NOT stay checked every time I open a new drawing it reverts back to being unchecked!

2. Half of the commands I used every day area gone. E.G. "ET" for edit text, "EA" for edit block atributes, "LOA" for layer on all. Were all these LDD commands that are now gone?
    And don't even get me started on how hard it is to add my standard button I used every day using the "improved" CUI!

3. I have it set at SDI = 1 could this be causing any of these problems? I hate the way SDI = 0 works

Any help would be appriciated.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2008 Random problems

This reply is a little late but I thought I'd mention a couple things.....

I don't know what could cause your Marker setting to revert back to unchecked but regarding your ET, EA and LOA commands I'm sure you could create command aliases or your own macros to do exactly the same thing. The "improved" CUI is a bear to work with but I am getting used to it, it's only been 6 months or so! My goal is to have it fully set up so I never have to go in there again but it does take time.

Good luck,

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2008 Random problems

Quote Originally Posted by mlepelletier.182210 View Post
    Just started using Civil 3D 2008, comming from LDD 2066

Some of the main problems I am having are

1. My Options>Drafting>Autonap Settings>Marker will NOT stay checked every time I open a new drawing it reverts back to being unchecked!

2. Half of the commands I used every day area gone. E.G. "ET" for edit text, "EA" for edit block atributes, "LOA" for layer on all. Were all these LDD commands that are now gone?
    And don't even get me started on how hard it is to add my standard button I used every day using the "improved" CUI!

3. I have it set at SDI = 1 could this be causing any of these problems? I hate the way SDI = 0 works

Any help would be appriciated.
    LOA works for me. You can double-click on text and blocks to edit them, and why do you set SDI to 1? Trust me, you do NOT want multiple instances of C3D running, especially if you're doing grading.
    For your first point, do you have any lisps or third-party programs that might somehow reset your OSMODE? I'm not sure what could be changing it, but I don't think your SDI setting would affect it.
    And the CUI is a bit hard to grasp, but after a little practice, you'll never know the difference. Here's how you go about creating a button:
    1. In your CUI window, there's a Command List section, you'll want to start there. There are two blue stars next to a pull down menu, click on the second one.
    2. Fill in the information you want (Name, description, Macro, element, small and large image) note that the things I have capitalized are the things you will want to fill in, the others are optional.
    3. When you're done with that part, search for the name of the command you just created in the same window. When you find it, copy it.
    4. Go above, and in the toolbars area, you'll want to either create a new one, or use one you already have (I'd create a new one, just so you know how to do it (right-click on Toolbars and select New Toolbar)). After selecting the toolbar you want to add the button to, right-click on it and select paste.

This was learned by messing around with some of the buttons that were already there. I started noticing how after making some, their icons started copying the new ones I created.
    It's more than you had to do for LDD, but then again, this isn't LDD. You'll want training for this program, I know everyone says it, but it's true and that's why everyone says it.
    Last edited by Harold Pei Jr; 2008-07-17 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Added