Thread: "Loop" and "Infinite" playback in animator and timeliner

Login to Give a bone

Default "Loop" and "Infinite" playback in animator and timeliner

I have found that if you select the "Loop" check box in animator, which is a playback mode that repeats the animation continuously, it plays correctly within animator. when the animation is linked to a task in TimeLiner, however, the animation plays (and loops) BACKWARD. that's right. plays forward in animator, backward in TimeLiner.

after wasting a whole day, i have found that i can redo the keyframes for the animations completely backward- it plays forward in TimeLiner if you create in backwards in Animator! this is a completely repeatable process, and i have recreated it on 2 computers, with 4 different files, with 9 different looped animations, even using both the Manage and Simulate packages. all of them play the reverse direction in timeliner.

dare i ask for help?

By the way, this may be my first post, but i have using NW daily for 14 months, and NW 2009 daily since the day of its release.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Loop" and "Infinite" playback in animator and timeliner

Same issue here - just reviewing an animation now that looked fine but is alas backwards when looped...this is on Manage 2010...is it just me or is something seriously underdeveloped?

I have promised all singing all dancing animation and ended up with backwards running giberish.....now to animate it all back to front and inside out so that it plays normally when looped...

Anyone figure this out?
    any Autodesk Navisworks people feel like explaining this to my boss?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Loop" and "Infinite" playback in animator and timeliner

just re-did animation backwards and looped it and it still played backwards...re-did it again normal and it seem sot have worked..although just about to render animation now...bizare?