Thread: AutoCAD 2008 Hangs

Login to Give a bone

Question AutoCAD 2008 Hangs

We have a networked AutoCAD 2008 environment with mostly DELL and HP PC's. Certain PC's will hang for 15 or so seconds every minute. Hang time may be related to complexity of drawings. This phenomena only happens on certain machines. The problem is driving us nuts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2008 Hangs

I'm having a similar problem with 2008 mechanical, when we Copy and paste. But only in some dwgs and not others. It has hung upto 4 minutes on some of our computers.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: AutoCAD 2008 Hangs

We have determined the root of our problem. We have controlled documents prepared by another consultant. We are only loading to the network, those drawings currently involved in change order revisions. Sheet Set Manager (SSM) is looking for all of the sheet set drawings on a regular basis--apparantly every minute or so. This process hangs AutoCAD when the files are missing from the network. Solution is not to open SSM on this type project.

So this now opens the next question. Can SSM polling be suppressed?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jgroeninger View Post
    We have determined the root of our problem. We have controlled documents prepared by another consultant. We are only loading to the network, those drawings currently involved in change order revisions. Sheet Set Manager (SSM) is looking for all of the sheet set drawings on a regular basis--apparantly every minute or so. This process hangs AutoCAD when the files are missing from the network. Solution is not to open SSM on this type project.

So this now opens the next question. Can SSM polling be suppressed?
    You could always remove those sheets from the SSM, or make dummy files with the same names as the missing files.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: AutoCAD 2008 Hangs

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Pei Jr View Post
    You could always remove those sheets from the SSM, or make dummy files with the same names as the missing files.
    Dummy files would be the quick fix. Our projects can exceed 500 sheets so an include/exclude toggle such as the layer plot/noplot toggle would be an ideal fix.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jgroeninger View Post
    Dummy files would be the quick fix. Our projects can exceed 500 sheets so an include/exclude toggle such as the layer plot/noplot toggle would be an ideal fix.
    Not possible as far as I know. It'll search for all of the files within your SSM, so you'll have to either remove them, or like I said earlier, put in a dummy file for the missing files.