Thread: CAD 08-ERROR MSG-NEED HELP PLEASE..

Login to Give a bone

Default CAD 08-ERROR MSG-NEED HELP PLEASE..

Hi All........

I was just drafting along and clicked my save button and alas..........I cannot.............

it gives me this message.......
    see attached........

Help ? What does this mean and how do I fix it.........

Also why is it Not Possible to just paste something in this field on AUGI where I am typing. I have noticed that you cannot just paste anything.. really nothing .. and I was curious why can't we? .. can we get to a point that we can just paste it here.. instead of having to go thru all the mess of making a bitmap an attachment?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD 08-ERROR MSG-NEED HELP PLEASE..

Usually errors like that mean that another process has the file open for write. IOW, you have it open as read-only. Try doing a save-as so you don't loose your work and until you can resolve what's going on with the file.

As to your other queston, tha't is a limitation of the vBulletin forum software we purchased. Sorry.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

well that is wierd.. see I cannot save as either.. I cannot even go into a file (drwg) that I was not in an open it an save.. I can't save anything. I shut down 3-4 X and recovered, audited, and recoverd all xrefs.. nothing.

I don't know what happened.. shortly after this error.. I got another saying how I wasn't connected to our server.. then I rebooted again.......now I can get to server.....but... still cannot save?

thanks for answering the 2nd ? too.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: CAD 08-ERROR MSG-NEED HELP PLEASE..

hi again........I swear Autocad is so F#$#@d up sometimes....NOW it is working fine........sometimes CAD can make you feel like your losing it........i have been working with CAD for 10 yrs..and I tell you.. you still don't know everything after all that time.........

It wasn't working , saving , nothing.. all the stuff I did didn't help.....now I just tried to copy all that I had in MS to a new drawing.. and it saved.. then went back to my original .. and for the heck of it.. hit save.......and LO and Behold..............

it did...........

Ok.......well I just came back from my lunch break, and I guess my CAD needed a break too.......
    LOL..
    I dunno.........

sorry.....all is well in the land of CAD again........Thank Goodness........

Login to Give a bone

The message often implies insufficient disc space to save the entire file. If the save location is on a network then it could signify a network problem - luckily, temporary in this case.

Login to Give a bone

hmm that would make sense since we are almost out of space and our IT person hasn't taken Control to really Make people delete some stuff, since we do not have much room left on the shared drive..........

Maybe someone deleted something and it worked for me now?

I am SOOOOOOO Glad it is working ... no matter.....