View Poll Results: If you bought Autodesk Navisworks 2009 please rate it

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • are you satisfied with the 2009 manage release?

8 57.14%
  • did you buy a subscription and are you satisfied?

6 42.86%
  • are you satisfied with Autodesk's support?

6 42.86%
  • are you accomplishing anything on medium sized jobs?

11 78.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Navisworks Manage 2009 a BUST!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Angry Navisworks Manage 2009 a BUST!!!!

Autodesk has managed to take a great product like Navsworks JetStream 5.5 and send it back into the stone age. It does not support 64bit even though there are some that have said this and it barely supports 32 bit! I am a subscription member and they won't even return my messages! I work for a Global corporation that needs this support and I can truly say that Autodesk has completely abandoned Navisworks. I guess their lust for money overshadows ther need for quality and responsibility.
    I am thoughly disgusted with this product that I am seriously thinking about getting my corporations money back for two full seats of Navisworks Manage.
    I have been a Navisworks subscription user for 6 years now and thank GOD that I still have version 5.5 still on my servers.
    If anyone else is having the same crashes on medium and large size projects please speak up!!!! Autodesk needs to know that the consumers will not put up with this poor quality and that they need to pay for the down time of people who actually work for a living using these products.
    shame on you Autodesk!!!!!

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Navisworks Manage 2009 a BUST!!!!

Sadly I have to agree with you.
    The new interface is awful, I adapt to new interfaces very quickly but this has been brutal, I can't find anything, it's glitchy, slow and plain ugly. The old interface just plain worked. No fanciness, just clean and usable.
    Stability varies a lot from machine to machine. When I go back to 5.4 it's like a breath of fresh air.
    As for support, it is lackluster right now. I've heard they're down to one tech and they're desperately trying to find more.
    I only have one 64 bit machine that it won't run on (which is my main machine with 12g ram) I've heard 2009.1 is supposed to cure this problem....which I still haven't received even though it was "shipped" almost 2 weeks ago.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Navisworks Manage 2009 a BUST!!!!

From and interface perspective I gotta agree with ugly, and it seems they went out of their way to make things difficult to find. Functionally I don't see much difference in the model viewing, they just made doing that more difficult.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Navisworks Manage 2009 a BUST!!!!

I agree - as a 20 seat user for many years...

1) it has taken us until this week to get our licenses upgraded (and thats only temporary mind) - shocking!

and more worryingly,

2) every time I try to assign timeliner tasks it bombs (even on a sample 6 line gannt chart, never mind my current 1300+ line project). What do

Sort it out Autodesk - this product is not stable ! and yes... shame on you !!!!

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Re: Navisworks Manage 2009 a BUST!!!!

I've been using Navisworks for a long time now, and I too must admit that the only semi-good thing coming with 09 is the license borrow is a little easier. In 5.4, I NEVER had fatal errors, now I'm getting them all the time. It sounds fairly typical...Autodesk buys a good product, we get high expectations, and then the package self implodes (both literally, and figuratively!).

But enough ranting and raving...how can we help Autodesk make this better? It's a good tool... but it doesn't seem like sending CER's is really enough.

Login to Give a bone

I must agree with all of you, Navisworks 2009 is a bust and support is non-existstant. We use 64bit XP and are working some very large projects but 2009 does not seem to handle the models we were able to assemble in 5.3.
    We have yet to receive our 2009.1 license file since we are on Subscription and I have heard this might resolve many of our issues. I guess I will wait and see, however, I am not convinced that this will make much of a difference. What they should concentrate on for 2010 is 64bit and stability. I will give Autodesk the benefit of the doubt considering that this is the first new version since acquisition, but they really need to step up their game.

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

2009.1 is a major update in regards to stability, I hated 2009 and was avoiding using it as much as possible. But now I can actually say 2009.1 is better than v5, I'm extremely happy with it. Are you on subscription? Your message was a bit confusing

Login to Give a bone

Yes we are on subsciption. I have contacted our CAD services person and they are in the process of acquiring the new license file. I'm glad to hear your experiences with 2009.1 are much better. We have been having a hell of a time getting anything to render out of this megafile that we are working on.

By the way, say hi to Annie and Maggie for me. They will know who I am.

Login to Give a bone

I'm running nearly 40 seats of 2009.1 Review off the FlexLM license manager. I would say that this version is just as stable as 5.5.