Thread: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer

I could stop if I wanted to Beth Powell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default DWF Composer & DWF Viewer

Thanks for the new forum! Not sure if we want to rename this as just DWF for general DWF conversations or have two: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer.

Just to explain the difference, the Dwf Viewer is free. You can download it from the Autodesk website. It's a free download.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=2787358

You may remember this product as Volo View. I have used both Volo View and use Dwf Viewer heavily. I have my own business as a second job to do drawings for my former company. I relay on the Dwf Viewer for communication with clients.

I also have some clients that I have asked to buy Dwf Composer. The Dwf Composer is what some may remember replaced full Volo. It's $99 and allows you to do redline markups, which are great. You can get a nice, clear markup of what revisions to make. You can even overlay this with the 2004/2005 Adesk products by "Inserting Markup".

The Dwf Composer also comes with a DWG Viewer that allow you to be able to view and print actual .dwg files so you don't have to have a file printed or published to .dwf. This is great for offices where someone may need to use this instead of a seat of ACAD.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=4086277

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer

I do not know about the composer that much. However, I liked the Volo View and really like the DWF Viewer. My clients like it alot too. They can see it before it goes to the printer!!!!

I could stop if I wanted to Beth Powell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer

The Composer is made up of three products. The actual DWF Composer is a lot like the full Volo that allows you to redline markup .dwf files. The Composer also contains a DWG Viewer to allow you to view .dwg files. This is great in an office where you don't to spend the money for another seat of ACAD and so you don't have to save every drawing as a .dwf.

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer

Quote Originally Posted by acad
    Thanks for the new forum! Not sure if we want to rename this as just DWF for general DWF conversations or have two: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer.

Just to explain the difference, the Dwf Viewer is free. You can download it from the Autodesk website. It's a free download.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=2787358

You may remember this product as Volo View. I have used both Volo View and use Dwf Viewer heavily. I have my own business as a second job to do drawings for my former company. I relay on the Dwf Viewer for communication with clients.

I also have some clients that I have asked to buy Dwf Composer. The Dwf Composer is what some may remember replaced full Volo. It's $99 and allows you to do redline markups, which are great. You can get a nice, clear markup of what revisions to make. You can even overlay this with the 2004/2005 Adesk products by "Inserting Markup".

The Dwf Composer also comes with a DWG Viewer that allow you to be able to view and print actual .dwg files so you don't have to have a file printed or published to .dwf. This is great for offices where someone may need to use this instead of a seat of ACAD.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=4086277

Just a comment, I use DWF extensively to distill drawings and to view but I would have enjoyed it if it interfaced like WHIP did so the DWF file can be interpreted by IE and a right click gives access to all those needed commands like zoom and manipulation of layers view status.

A more serious matter for me is that at times I have to demonstrate a concept to a audience using PowerPoint to set it up is quite easy with OLE (object linked or an embedded object) the serious problem is that after the DWF file appears in the slide show I cannot move on to the next slide. I have tried everything but have not found a solution this resulted in that I had to move that specific slide with the OLE right to the end. Frustrating to say the least. Another fix is to run two presentation files and to swap between then as the need arise. Unfortunately this causes a disruption in what should appear as a seamless presentation as one of the presentation files must be disrupted before sending an image to be projected which cause the entire presentation to appear clumsy.

I’m not sure what the real problem is let alone who should solve it, just wish it could be resolved. Do anyone have a solution.

johan

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWF Composer & DWF Viewer

Hi

You can download and install a Microsoft ActiveX control to embed into Microsoft Internet Explorer, the following areas within the Autodesk web site contain all the information needed -

DWF Viewer Product Information

Design Web Format

+

The following contains a lot of useful information regarding DWF -

DWFit

Have a good one, Mike