See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Small Firm Standards

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Small Firm Standards

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Wow, good to see this thread still being used for something.

I've always done dimensioning in model space specifically for the referencing part. At times we tend to even draw everything in one drawing and then freezing the desired layers in the viewport to get the desired view. This can allow to only have to draw something once and replicate it as many times as needed. If dimensioning in Paper Space, you would have to copy or redimension every time. Having in within Model Space you only create it once and see it everywhere!

I concur with your response. I only put things in PS like images, schedules, and general notes and maybe sometimes small NTS dwgs.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadpro78 View Post
    I concur with your response. I only put things in PS like images, schedules, and general notes and maybe sometimes small NTS dwgs.
    I would tend to even put schedules into their own drawing and xref them into a sheet. But that doesn't mean your way is wrong. Something to consider maybe for some of those smaller projects that only have a schedule or two with one or two items in it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Small Firm Standards

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    I would tend to even put schedules into their own drawing and xref them into a sheet. But that doesn't mean your way is wrong. Something to consider maybe for some of those smaller projects that only have a schedule or two with one or two items in it.

Thats not a bad idea really especially if you have a ton of other cad drafters working on the same project and need to have multiple files open at once.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Since our company is a design build, I tend to need schedules to send off for quotes as well. Its a lot easier to just open a drawing and window around the sechdule I need than to have to open a sheet with its default plotting setups.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234