Thread: Load Family's

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Load Family's

I can't load family items into my project. I select the basic tab, then select doors, and then go to File> load from library> Load Family> Imperial Library>Doors> Curtain Wall Dbl Glass.rfa and click on open. The items doesn't appear in any of the Design Bar catagories in the Type Selector. Is this a glitch in the program or am I not loading it correctly. I would appreciate any help on this it's driving my crazy.

Thanks

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Load Family's

Hi there, welcome to AUGI!

This is not a glitch. You are loading a curtain wall door and curtain wall doors are supposed to replace a curtain wall panel. That's why you can't see it listed under doors. Now if you create a curtain wall, select one of its panels (using TAB makes it easier), you will see that the curtain wall door you just loaded will show on the list of curtain panels.

Note: If your curtain panels are pinned, you have to unpin it before selecting the other panel (or the curtain wall door) from the list.

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your help! I am not sure on how to load the curtain wall from your discription, or what tab you are referring to?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

One way of creating a curtain wall, is to use the menu Walls > select Curtain Wall: Storefront from the drop down menu (at the very bottom) and draw it exactly as you do when drawing regular walls. Once done, go to a 3D view, zoom into one of the panels that you would like to replace by the curtain wall door you loaded, use the keyboard key TAB to select the panel and click on it, select the small blue pin to unpin that panel and go back to the drop down menu to be able to select the curtain wall door you loaded before. As I said, since it is a curtain wall door and it is supposed to be used by replacing a curtain panel, it will be only listed under curtain panels drop down menu.

Andre Carvalho